What Cardio Excerise should I log?

Options
I am in a 'Full Body Workout' Class at the YMCA. In the class we use weights and tension bands while keeping a pretty good pace to keep our heart rate up. I was looking in MFP to see what excercise it would fall under and I'm not to sure what one to use to log the proper amount of calories. I was thinking either Calisthenics (from my understanding is doing push-up and crunchs kind of stuff with NO WEIGHTS), or Curves Circuit Training (because it mixes cardio with weights and resistance). But when I log my 50 minutes, the Calorie burn is totally differnet between them ( Calisthenics is 442 and Curves is 271). With being in the class i know for sure that i burned more the 271, but with the calisthenics being 442, I must burn more then that being as we use weights and keep our heart rate up pretty hight. So could anyone help me out with this please??

Replies

• cyclone4731
    cyclone4731 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Would "Aerobis, High Impact" describe it? For 30 min, it was in between your two figures. 300 something cal burned.
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    Hi, one of the best ways to know how many calories you lost is to purchase a heart rate monitor watch that has a calorie count on it. The classes you are doing are really good for burning calories but it's hard to put an exact number on it. The cardio machines will keep an accurate count. So if you can take a day and use one with the same type of resistance you can ballpark it. The class instructor might be able to give you a round about number also. As far as the MFP, I find a difference from what I actually lost to what this gives you. If you can figure out what your calorie loss was you can put it in any category. It only monitors your calories lost, not your exercise. I like the machines and the heart rate watch because it gives a more accurate number. Just keep the number on the low side if you can't find it. You will have better results. If I can help with anything else feel free to ask. :happy:
  • nessaanne86
    Options
    That was awsome advice Thank-you. =-D