aluminum bottles

gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
any body know a good way to clean one of those silly alluminum bottles? I try to be green and have a refillable bottle only I can't seem to get it clean. I don't have a bottle brush and they aren't dishwasher safe, so what do i do with it?:huh:

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Does it have a small mouth or wide? IF it is small I don't know. if it is a wide mouth you can stick a dishcloth or sponge in there and move it around with a butter knife then pull it out and rince it real good. IF it has what I call thermositis (stinky smell ) put some baking soda and water in and rince it real well that usually gets the smell out. (Learned that with baby bottle.)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Give it to charity and buy a dishwasher safe bottle :tongue:

Okay, I know that's not helpful. I would put a bit of soap in, add water, swish it around, empty, then rinse. Take a paper towel/dish cloth/sponge with soap around the mouthpart to get that clean (and rinse with hot water).
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    If the mouth is large enough to fit an ice cube through, fill it half full of ice and 1/8 cup of salt and 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Cap it and shake it around. Go in circles so the ice inside scrapes the inside of the bottle. Shake it all out and rinse and air dry. If the lip and threads part of the bottle isn't painted you might want to rub some chapstick on it to help prevent the oxidation and the black film gunk from getting on you.

Good luck!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Fill it water and a little bleach. Let it sit a couple hours, Rinse it. Might not get rid of discoloration, but it will kill any germs or bacteria.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    put a handfull of rice in it, water and a tsp bicarb... and shake like a mad thing! thats how they got tricky things clean on "how clean is your house" so it might work for you?!
This discussion has been closed.