Im new to Fitness Pal :-)

Ra3Marie
Ra3Marie Posts: 9
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Im 21 years old ... Ive been overweight my whole life ... But my weight never really affected me like it does now ... I went from having alot of friends and went out alot -- to doing nothing my friday and sat nights are just like my monday and tuesday nights I have no life :indifferent: but its like now as I get older my weight if really affecting my life... like I dont go out anymore because of my weight (it's as if im hiding from the world) I don't have any friends I push guys away because im not happy with myself right now so how could I possibly make someone else happy ? ... When im suppose to be on a diet I always do good for about 3 days or so then its back to eating junk food and fast food again ... I always say im just gonna get my cravings out the way and start again fresh lol .... But now I KNOW im really ready ... I want to enjoy this life of mine and I want to lose weight and reinvent myself :smile:

Replies

• innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Glad to hear! The first couple of days may be rough but you have a great attitude about it. Keep that going and you'll do great.
  • Welcome to MFP! I am fairly new but can tell you this is a great sight to provide support and help keep you on track. The biggest thing I tell myself is it's not a diet for me, it's chosing healthier things to eat which will make me healthy in return. Don't get me wrong, I have gone over my calorie alotment some days and I do crave my chocolate/ice cream/sweets, but I have them in moderation. I have found a love for Skinny Cow Ice Cream, which gives me the perfect fix when I need it. I have found the 100 calorie popcorn bags helps with my cravings, I now can't finish the bag because I get full!
    I am also not an exerciser, so this has been difficult keeping up with working out. I am starting slowly (30 min twice a week) and am hoping that I can work it up to an hour 4 times a week.
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you want, motivation and support are some of the biggest things to lead to success. :smile:

I wish you success on your journey, you can do it!
  • lisaking869
    lisaking869 Posts: 43 Member
    Good For You! You can do this! It is really hard in the beginning, but if you stay persistant- it gets easier. Dont totally deprive yourself, find litle treats to help you stay on track. I LOVE VitaTops with a little Rhedi Whip, or a Low Fat Pudding cup, or a Starbucks Skinny Carmel Macchiato. Those things help me to feel like I am not missing out! Also- try to eat as close to natural as possible- less prcoessed foods! Try the "Eat Clean" Magazine for great receipes. Also- find something for excercise that you LOVE to do! Currently I love Zumba and Dance Central for Xbox Kinect. Also Cathe workouts (www.cathe.com) and Turbo Jam (beachbody.com) My goal this year is to run 30 minutes steady, no stopping! Welcome to the club! NEVER SURRENDER!
  • Thank you so much ! ... I'm really excited and scared at the same times lol and I know im gonna have to really buckle down
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Hi!!! I am new too, just started yesterday. I have 3 kiddos, a dog, and a hubby. I am busy busy, and never have time for myself. Now I am trying to make some me time, and be healthy.

Good luck! Nice to meet you.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Welcome it sounds lkike you are making the first steps in the right direction.

This is so doable , there will be days you fall off the wagon but remember you can always jump back on.

Treat it as a lifestyle change , not a diet.

Good luck and have fun
  • Shak212
    Shak212 Posts: 22
    Welcome to MFP. I think we have all at some point gotten to point where we have had enough and want change. Continue to be determined and encouraged. You can do this. There will be some bumps in the road. Just remember when you fall, get back up, dust yourself off and keep going. Good Luck to you lady.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Welcome and congratulations on taking the first step to a new you. They say the first few days are the hardest but I didn't really experience that once I made up mind that I'm doing this, I haven't look back! Now it took me a lot of years and a lot of failed diets to finally get the focus, will power, and determination I needed and I credit a lot of that to this site, the diet tools and the people are great! Good Luck to you on your road to success
This discussion has been closed.