Morning Star products?

Options
Ok...I've seen these before.

Who likes them?

What are your faves?

Are there "similar" products in another brand that you would recommend?

Thanks!

Replies

• starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just bought some of the veggie "turkey" burgers and they are good. I ate it on one of those "thin" buns and put ketchup, mustard and pickle on it. It was yummy! First time I've ever had a veggie burger as well.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I love the "chik" patties! :)
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    How did you give up Soda's? I have cut back to 1-2 mini diet sodas per day.
  • femouse
    femouse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really like the maple flavored sausage patties(still fake), they are great for breakfast sandwiches, which I can eat any time of day.
  • ipesta
    ipesta Posts: 1
    Options
    The breakfast sausage patties with egg beaters and FF cheese between an english muffin or bagel thin is a great start.
  • lsmoot
    lsmoot Posts: 1
    Options
    So far, Morning Star is the best I've found. Problem for me is that I live in Montreal and since moving to Canada, I have a hard time finding Morning Star or anything else like it! If anyone knows what stores in the Montreal area sell it, let me know. Thanks!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    We love the griller's prime "burgers" (even my hubby loves them!). We also get the maple "sausage" patties and I use them for breakfast.
  • roddicknadal
    Options
    I actually used to be a vegetarian for a long time and Moringstar was the only veggie products I liked. I still eat them!
    I personally like the veggie sausage patties, all of their chicken products are good. I like their black bean veggie burger as well.
    I think Morningstar has the best tasting veggie burgers out there (and I have tried a lot). Keep in mind they do not taste like a regular burger but they are better than other brands such as Boca!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    The sausage is great. Especially in things like eggs or casseroles. I ate it the first three times and didn't know it was real sausage until my friend confessed.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them when I was vegetarian but I wouldn't eat them now. They are highly processed and are made with genetically modified ingredients. You'd be better off with organic tofu or tempeh. It won't be like meat but it's healthier and won't have any unknown potentially harmful side effects.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    The sausage patties are wonderful. When I went home my mother made Jimmy Dean sausage patties and I was wishing for the Morning Star version. You honestly won't be able to tell aren't meat.
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    My favorites
    Morning star: blackbean burgers, sausage patties(I prefer original but they have maple flavor too), chick patties are okay

Quron:
    Fake chicken breast plain/bag of pieces
    Fake chick breaded with cranberry and goat cheese
    Fake ground beef crumbles

Gardein
    Chick scallopini

Smartlife veggie protein dogs

And I'm not even a vegetarian!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    How did you give up Soda's? I have cut back to 1-2 mini diet sodas per day.

I seriously had to go "COLD TURKEY". I tried doing the one a day thing, which led me to allow myself 2 a day.. and so on...

I took tylenol for the first week.... Now, I'm MOSTLY over it! haha... It's hard when we go to a fast food place...(ewww...)

I don't drink coffee either, so I'm mostly caffeine free except for the occasional chocolate! YUM!!
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    I used to eat them too; until I found out I'm allergic to some of the preservatives in them. I had no outward symptoms, but the preservatives were really hindering my weight loss and health. Now I eat lost of organic and non-processed foods and feel lots better.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My entire meat eating family likes the maple sausage patties better than real sausage.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I like the sausage patties and the garden medley burger. I do the burger on a sandwich flat, with mustard and cheese. I have also used the bacon. I wouldn't eat that plain but it is good on a sandwich with some avocado or in an omlette.
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Used the Morningstar Crumbles once for chili, didn't tell my teenage son - he decided he likes chili better with this than with ground beef! So here's HIS recipe for Chili, which he makes for me several times a month!

1 can black beans
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1/4 cup Williams Chili Seasoning
    1 package Morningstar Crumbles

Dump it all in a saucepan, stir, med-low heat 15-30 mins, stirring frequently.

Yummy!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    I like the hot and spicy sausage patties (I can only find those at Publix). The sausage crumbles are also good particularly in eggs. I use the "ground beef" crumbles when I make tacos and you cannot tell that it isn't real meat. I would just make it a point to use in moderation because they are highly processed.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I wasn't too impressed w/ the ingredient list on Morningstar or Boca for that matter. I find Dr. Praeger's more reasonable for a quick lunch option.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    The breakfast sausage patties with egg beaters and FF cheese between an english muffin or bagel thin is a great start.

This is my breakfast almost every day. Although I use a whole egg and regular or 2% cheese. With a fruit it's about a 400 calorie breakfast and leaves me full longer than oatmeal. I'm addicted to the veggie sausage, it's one of my grocery staples.

ETA: I also like to season with Canadian Steak Seasoning (also called Montreal Steak Seasoning), it has a lot of the spices I associate with sausage and makes it taste more sausage-y imo.