It might be a long road, but it's so worth the journey!

Options
12346»

Replies

• emptysh0ebox
    Options
    wow, that's amazing! ya look good
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    thanks!:happy:
  • Killeen7
    Killeen7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and are a true inspiration for me!:happy:
  • lez2688
    Options
    You are an inspiration! It was pregnancy that I gained a fair bit of weight with so I am trying to lose it now. You look fab!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new healthy lifestyle
  • Mimi151
    Mimi151 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You look beautiful!! An inspiration for me!!!
  • tosh1969
    Options
    Absolutely FABULOUS - and really really nice pins (hope mine look like your when i'm done) :D x
  • katapple
    Options
    Thanks!

Just looked and I posted this 1 year ago!! Since the first post I've lost another 5-10lbs maintaining between 135-137. I have gone from a 10 to a 6. I'm still active and healthy. I ran another half marathon and a full marathon. I have an indoor triathlon in a few weeks, and another marathon possibly in 10 weeks.

I've made the change and I'm never going back :)

finishing the marathon:
    387165_10150926233865621_781510620_21648740_1550304612_n.jpg

135lbs
    DSCN0395.jpg

IMG_8557a.jpg

and just so you don't have to look back at comparison:
    DSC02308.jpg
    DSCN1937_copy.jpg
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    It has been a long long journey, but I think I have finally figured it out. This is a complete lifestyle change. I get the grumps if I don't get my daily exercise in. I make better choices, but I also allow myself to live a little.

Well done! I just wanted to tell you that I've really enjoyed having you as one of my MFP friends because we have a lot in common (with the exception of the distance runs...you ROCK those and I don't do them! HAHA!). Anyway, just wanted to say that you're so inspiring and motivating and I thoroughly admire you for changing your LIFESTYLE. The quote I pulled from your original post sums it up for me, too - just one of the many, many reasons I got nothin' but :heart: for ya! You're the bomb, Katie!!! :happy: I look forward to continuing our MFP friendship and seeing where the future takes us! :flowerforyou:
  • katapple
    Options
    It has been a long long journey, but I think I have finally figured it out. This is a complete lifestyle change. I get the grumps if I don't get my daily exercise in. I make better choices, but I also allow myself to live a little.

Well done! I just wanted to tell you that I've really enjoyed having you as one of my MFP friends because we have a lot in common (with the exception of the distance runs...you ROCK those and I don't do them! HAHA!). Anyway, just wanted to say that you're so inspiring and motivating and I thoroughly admire you for changing your LIFESTYLE. The quote I pulled from your original post sums it up for me, too - just one of the many, many reasons I got nothin' but :heart: for ya! You're the bomb, Katie!!! :happy: I look forward to continuing our MFP friendship and seeing where the future takes us! :flowerforyou:

You are awesome! Thanks for the kind words, I love having you as a friend my dear! :)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    inspiring. congrats on your success.
  • katapple
    Options
    thanks! :)
  • katapple
    Options
    I started my struggle with weight after I got married in 2002. We moved to a new state and I didn't work right away. I sat on the couch, played video games, ate whatever I wanted, and drank a LOT of beer. Next thing I knew, I weighed 170lbs. I wasn't happy with my body, but I wasn't about to do anything about it.
    Golf_079.jpg

I got pregnant and had a miscarriage in 2005, which brought my weight up to 180. I never lost that weight before getting pregnant again, and gained 40lbs with that pregnancy. Finally after weighing in at a whopping 220lbs on my small 5'3" frame,
    Alex_s_2nd_Day_010-1.jpg

I decided enough was enough! I was determined to lose weight before the next baby. And I did it! I used Weight Watchers and breastfeeding, and got down to 150...30lbs below pre-pregnancy weight! I got pregnant with my second child in 2007 and quit weight watchers and breastfeeding. Bad idea, gained 60lbs with that one!
    dsc01991-1.jpg

I got back on track again, and breastfeeding got me back down to the 170s.

I started 2009 at 171, I started 2010 at 161, and I started 2011 at 145. It has been a long long journey, but I think I have finally figured it out. This is a complete lifestyle change. I get the grumps if I don't get my daily exercise in. I make better choices, but I also allow myself to live a little. I'm still trying to go down one size, but I am finally happy with my health and mostly happy with my body (2 c-sections are not good for the belly!). Best thing is I have the energy to keep up with my kids and I am a happier person.

Here I am today, hover between 140-145, and I've been the same weight since April of last year! This year my goal is to get toned and strong, and maybe go down one more pant size. I would also like to run at least 2 half marathons. I went from a tight 16 to a comfy 10, my dress size is either a 6 or 8!

just finished my first half marathon:
    DSC_5744a.jpg

DSC_6284a.jpg

Here's an update:

I posted this 18 months ago. Since then, I have run 2 more half marathons, a marathon, and completed my first Sprint Triathlon. I'm only 5lbs less than I was 18 months ago, but I'm now a size 6 (sometimes 4). I'm in so much better shape than I could have ever imagined!

Never give up. When you reach your goal, just keep going. Strive to get stronger, faster, healthier...always :)
  • dmzf
    dmzf Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thx for your story you make me feel like I can do it too. It is so hard to be a mom and take care of yourself. Lov the pics too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!