Diet Cupcakes?

Janelle3927
Janelle3927 Posts: 86
edited September 23 in Recipes
Sounds like an oxymoron lol-

Anyone ever try the cake mix and diet soda cake/cupcakes? Or the pudding mix and fat free yogurt frosting?

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I have done carrot cake mix with diet ginger ale, with vanilla yogurt as frosting,

and strawberry cake mix with diet sprite, with fat free cool whip as frosting with a fresh berry on top of each slice.

Both were a hit and nobody at the party knew it was a "diet" cake.
  • I do mini cupcakes with pumpkin and chocolate cake mix. I just put the recipe into the food section. Basically mix a can of pure pumpkin with chocolate or spice cake mix and about a cup of water, put into mini muffin pans and bake for about 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean! 90 calories for about 3. And sooo yummy!:tongue::tongue:
  • So robin, I guess the possibilities really are endless glad to hear no one noticed i was afraid the taste/texture might be different . and for the pumpkin ones..WOW 3 cupcakes for 90 cals?? i diigg!! lol
  • Diet Cupcakes!!! That sounds AMAZING! I'm not much of a cook and I'm not seeing exact recipes. Any help would be great!
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    i just made diet pepsi and chocolate muffins. I gave my husband one and he was like "these are really good! they are really moist...did you make them?" i said yah....diet pepsi and cake mix...he was shocked but loved them and they were only 144 cals which is half of what a candy bar would be!!!! they were really good! they are definitly worth making!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    I make the Hungry Girl Yum Yum Brownie Muffins. It is one box of cake mix and one can of solid pumpkin. It takes a lot of stirring because it is so thick. Don't add water or anything else. Bake at 200 degrees for twenty minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini cupcakes. I make the regular size and they have about 180 calories. It is listed in the food data base. Everybody loves them. Hungry girl made them on her show Saturday.
  • 1 box of cake mix and an 8oz can of soda. I guess u have to use ur better judgement for which to use sprite seems to be the best option for most. I hear to use a chocolate or cream soda for chocolate cake
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    the recipe is one box of cake mix and one can of diet soda. mix them together and bake simple as that :)
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    OMG I was just trying to decide what to do with some frozen pumpkin I made from fresh pumpkin about a month ago and this would be the greatest. Do you have a brand of choice for you chocolate cake mix?
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    I :heart: hungry girl!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    1 box of cake mix and an 8oz can of soda. I guess u have to use ur better judgement for which to use sprite seems to be the best option for most. I hear to use a chocolate or cream soda for chocolate cake

It's 12 ounces of soda, not 8,
    not sure if it would come out too dry with just 8...

I have heard cola for chocolate cake, but haven't tried it.
  • 3 MINI cupcakes...but I think that is still great!
  • That was calculated with Betty Crocker Super moist milk chocolate
  • I made german chocolate cake with diet cherry coke...omg! Yum! Dipped each mini cupcake into a tub of fat free cool whip! Everyone who had some, loved them!
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Anyone tried the cupcakes from the Cook Yourself Thin book? I have the book, but haven't had a sweet tooth since giving up dessert, so I haven't tried them. I figure if I am not craving it, then I am not going to try and make a substitute yet! Just wondering if anyone was familiar with that recipe.
  • I made german chocolate cake with diet cherry coke...omg! Yum! Dipped each mini cupcake into a tub of fat free cool whip! Everyone who had some, loved them!

that sounds To DiE fOr!!!!
This discussion has been closed.