Fat that won't quit!!!!

Options
:sad: Okay I know that so many people have said we post the same questions.......I am guessing that here goes a repeat. :smokin:

I have listened to what was said, have eaten my calories back from exercise like a good girl. BUT, when I workout my weight loss freezes. I know some of it converts to muscle......but it has been repeating this pattern for years!!! Help

Replies

• SimonLondon
    Options
    I used to be the in same boat. I then bought some scales which also showed my Body fat %, water %, BMI etc. I also got a measure for my waist.

Every single time my weight loss halted all the other stats were still in decline so I never worried too much...
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    Are we suppose to eat what we burn off?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I used to be the in same boat. I then bought some scales which also showed my Body fat %, water %, BMI etc. I also got a measure for my waist.

Every single time my weight loss halted all the other stats were still in decline so I never worried too much...

I'll have to keep this in mind and look at the BF% and water % numbers. I've glanced at them but that is about it.
  • nnmcutebuddy
    Options
    I have noticed the same thing then in a 2 weeks drop another pound so its all good :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Are we suppose to eat what we burn off?

Yes. MFP already gives you a calorie deficit when it calculates your daily calorie goal. So if you don't eat the calories you burn from exercise you run the risk of not giving your body enough nutrition, which can slow your metabolism and make your body store fat instead of burning it.
  • nnmcutebuddy
    Options
    have you been measuring your waist maybe your losing inches just not lbs. ?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    :sad: Okay I know that so many people have said we post the same questions.......I am guessing that here goes a repeat. :smokin:

I have listened to what was said, have eaten my calories back from exercise like a good girl. BUT, when I workout my weight loss freezes. I know some of it converts to muscle......but it has been repeating this pattern for years!!! Help

Just stick with it. Keep doing what you've been doing and if after a few weeks you haven't seen any changes try changing up your exercise routine or try increasing or decreasing your calorie goal.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    have you been measuring your waist maybe your losing inches just not lbs. ?

I have lost some inches on my waist, but that was during weight loss. Last time this happened it lasted for four years.....argh
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options

Just stick with it. Keep doing what you've been doing and if after a few weeks you haven't seen any changes try changing up your exercise routine or try increasing or decreasing your calorie goal.

I'm not the subject matter expert here-- but I have seen in the past on The Biggest Loser, that when someone plateaued, the training would change up their workout significantly (nothing extreme, just different stuff) and it seemed to be a jump start to more weight loss. :indifferent:
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am not sure what I am going to change.....but I will keep on the same way.......my thighs are a tad smaller....LOL -- that's all I got for now!