what do you love about mfp

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
self explanitory question. for me its the diversity i love the fact that i get to interact with all types here. alot of times do to society upbringing stereotypes etc we wouldnt interact with people but here its the opposite we can be total opposites and be great friends here. and the support here is unmatched

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with that, the support has been like no other. Plus I love being able to see and track everything I am putting into my body!
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love how supportive the community is on mfp. It is really a great environment
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My MFP peeps! They keep me in line!
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    I too like the diversity, and tracking everythign, and all my peeps...:)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my MFP friends and how easy/convenient/helpful this site is!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love MrMarius's awesomeness. :wink: :laugh:
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I remember when I joined my church. I was alone in a new city....no family or friends. They embraced me and made me feel welcome. They provided encouragement and support. I could definitely feel the love there. Well it's the same thing here!!! I'm definitely feeling the love, encouragement and support flowing freely here on MFP!!! I also like the diversity, the tracking and the accountability. Plus the forums and discussions for disseminating good, helpful information. It is so easy and convenient. I love MFP!!!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    self explanitory question. for me its the diversity i love the fact that i get to interact with all types here. alot of times do to society upbringing stereotypes etc we wouldnt interact with people but here its the opposite we can be total opposites and be great friends here. and the support here is unmatched

I seriously agree with you! It's awesome to have all walks of life here. It's interesting to learn about people.

..but you asked me what I love about mfp, so I'm going to say.... Dani.. period. lol :smooched:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that your my MFP pal don't know what I would do if you weren't!!! Along with all the other great pals I have came across along the way and the site is very simple to navigate through those are the things I love about this site!!
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options

I seriously agree with you! It's awesome to have all walks of life here. It's interesting to learn about people.

..but you asked me what I love about mfp, so I'm going to say.... Dani.. period. lol :smooched:

Also known as DANIMAL!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

I love the diversity as well. I have learned so much about different cultures/countries/lifestyles (not just fitness related) just by being on this site.
    Not to mention all the new foods I love now that I wouldn't have ever tried if it weren't for this site and people encouraging me to try new things.

right now I am totally loving this post! :blushing:

I love you too Chrissy! :love:
  • laughingdani
    Options
    Also known as DANIMAL!

Groovy baby!! :bigsmile:
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING!!!!!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    EVERYTHING!!!!!

^^^^^^ Yup! That was my response until DR stole it :) J/K! DangerRanger is one of my many awesome Fitness Pals. This site is so awesome, if they started charging a fee, I'd pay it! I paid for weight watchers on line for more than 3 years and it wasn't this sweet :)
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Well the fact that I can track all this crap is a lifesaver. It holds me accountable for what I put in my body, but more importantly the people I have met and the friends that I have made are what really holds me accountable. I get my support from strangers than I get from family and friends. I'm not judged at all, and I can support them the same way they support me!!
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    My whole life I've been into fitness, and now I have a home where people are just like me.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This site has been amazing. As a ANA/MIA recovery story I have so many of my friends who keep my urges and insecurities in check. I have met GREAT friends and even some who I'll meet this summer!!!

There are some negative forces, and for that I've learned valuable lessons, but you can weed those out quickly and learn who will be there to cheer you on, make you laugh, or virtually wipe your tears. SO much love to my handful of friends who should know who they are :heart:
  • laughingdani
    Options
    My whole life I've been into fitness, and now I have a home where people are just like me.

That's awesome Jimmy.
    I love that. I couldn't have said it better.
    I have actually lost real life friends because we are so different now. it's sad but people grow apart.
    I am glad I have some place to go and people to talk to about fat % and squats and protein. LOL
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I just had a "love MFP" moment a few minutes ago. My hubby likes to ask me obscure questions about what we ate 9 days ago for dinner or something like that. With MFP I can tell him without having to deal with all the annoying questions he asks me to try to spark my memory that actually make remembering more difficult.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    None of my close friends in real life really workout. They may stroll around their apartment complex, but um no...

It's great to talk to people that want to make the same changes that I'm trying to make in my life.

it is here that I find out about workout programs, homemade protein bars, the best protein shakes, the weight loss programs to watch, etc.