Worried: Sudden Vision Change

im a little freaked out yall...

im sitting in the office and a few cars go by the window and the sun glints into my eye, causing a spot.

well the spot didnt go away, and within the last 20 minutes morphed into the whole right side of my peripheral vision went blurry and i got light headed.

any ideas on this? im a little nervous bc this has never happened to me

the specifics are : i am on 'my time' (could that affect vision!?)
i had oatmeal with splenda for breakfast, one cup of coffee with sugar and water so far today.
i look at a computer screen all day but nothing like this has ever happened.

ill keep yall updated

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    im a little freaked out yall...

im sitting in the office and a few cars go by the window and the sun glints into my eye, causing a spot.

well the spot didnt go away, and within the last 20 minutes morphed into the whole right side of my peripheral vision went blurry and i got light headed.

any ideas on this? im a little nervous bc this has never happened to me

the specifics are : i am on 'my time' (could that affect vision!?)
    i had oatmeal with splenda for breakfast, one cup of coffee with sugar and water so far today.
    i look at a computer screen all day but nothing like this has ever happened.

ill keep yall updated
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Goodness! I hope you're ok!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • knitgirl
    knitgirl Posts: 27
    YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR!!! Could be detached retina. I'm a nurse --- and I'm serious! Please go soon. !!!!
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR!!! Could be detached retina. I'm a nurse --- and I'm serious! Please go soon. !!!!

I was just going to say this!! Please GO!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    the peripheral has gotten a little better in the last few minutes..i can read better now too.

the folks here at the office said it is probably an ocular migrane. I read more about them, and it sounds to a tee like what i am experiencing.
    Started in the middle of my vision and moved to the outside, but only in one eye.
    ive taken some excerdrin...

i do not have any money right now..so the dr is out unless it gets worse. I'll let yall know..thanks so much for the advice
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Thirded, so Em, go!!! (Praying....:cry: )
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Thirded, so Em, go!!! (Praying....:cry: )

forthed honey!!! just go to make us all feel better if nothing else honey!!!
    hugs!:heart:
    Ali
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    GO TO THE DOCTOR--FIND A WAY TO PAY FOR IT LATER.

Any kind of vision change needs to be looked at!! There are so many things this could be--please go! Don't want to scare you, but vision changes are a sign of "mini-strokes," too. I know--my brother experienced them before he died.

PLEASE GO!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    GO TO THE DOCTOR--FIND A WAY TO PAY FOR IT LATER.

Any kind of vision change needs to be looked at!! There are so many things this could be--please go! Don't want to scare you, but vision changes are a sign of "mini-strokes," too. I know--my brother experienced them before he died.

PLEASE GO!

OKAY EM...I"M NOT PLAYING GIRL! ...that is scaring me PLEASE GO!!!:heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I get migraines, and this is a common symptom of them.

But, it's also a symptom of many other serious things. Go to the Dr, sister girl.:flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    OMG that is so scary :( please take the other's advice and hurry to the doctor as soon as you can! :(
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    My husband has this same problem.

It can be caused by, not drinking enough water, ya, add more to your gallons you drink each day. Caused by eating foods with MSG (possible light allergy).
    Being too tired.
    Stress.
    Or too much caffeine.

So...He went in, heard about what it was called, drinks more water, we pay attention to what he has eaten prior when this has happened. And that's about it.

Ya, we panicked when it first happened...It was several time in a row. Then a loooooooooooooooong time passed and it happened the other day. He drank tons of water, nursed a headache that followed, and stayed out of the heat. All gone!

Good luck with yours, I hope it is simple and nothing more. :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    When I had a sudden vision change (I was seeing sparklies right outside my vision, like someone was holding a sparkler) They thought it might be a detached retina, but it turned out to be optical migraines.

Like everyone has said, better safe than sorry.

Let us know if we can help in any way....
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Go to a doctor, or to an ER. Find a way to pay for it.
    Which is more important, a little debt, or losing your vision in an eye? Not to mention if you feel dizzy it could be a sign of diabetes which can also be associated with vision loss in extreme circumstances.
    If you go to an ER they can't turn you away, and as long as you're making payments they can't do anything - even 5-10 dollars a month.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    DOCTOR!!!!

That's all... please go. :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Better safe then sorrry.... We'll make a MFP doctor fund for you.
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    sounds like a migraine i have that happen to me all the time then the little dot consumes my whole vision. I usually have to lay down and nap for an hour. Not all migraines give pain!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    They thought it might be a detached retina, but it turned out to be optical migraines.

Yulp! This is what they called my husband's eye issues. It wasn't a deal at all...They were very nothing about it calling it, "just one of those things."
  • Go get your blood pressure checked, shes right it could be a detached retina, but it could also be high blood pressure causing part of that.
  • sgtinvincible
    They thought it might be a detached retina, but it turned out to be optical migraines.

Yulp! This is what they called my husband's eye issues. It wasn't a deal at all...They were very nothing about it calling it, "just one of those things."

Yep, same here. They said it was just a really rare condition. A migraine with no pain. It's not that big of a deal at all anymore, just weird effects sometimes and go on with life. *shrug*