Unexpected Benefit

Options
Ok, guys, here's something I didn't expect to be a benefit of getting healthy.

I've noticed that since I've been on MFP, changed my lifestyle, and am exercising that I'm not chewing my fingernails anymore!

For the first time in my entire life, I have fingernails! I actually went today and bought some nail strengthen polish to keep them from chipping.

WOW--FINGERNAILS!!

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys, here's something I didn't expect to be a benefit of getting healthy.

I've noticed that since I've been on MFP, changed my lifestyle, and am exercising that I'm not chewing my fingernails anymore!

For the first time in my entire life, I have fingernails! I actually went today and bought some nail strengthen polish to keep them from chipping.

WOW--FINGERNAILS!!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The healthy eating will keep them stronger too!!

Way to kick the fingernail biting habit!!! Yay!!! :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I bet they look beautiful :)
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Dang! As soon as my husband quit chewing his, he started having health problems!! lol....needless to say, I don't bug him about it anymore....

Right on girl! You go!!:flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    its so funny you brought this up, because i too thought about posting on this topic! Since ive been exercising, not only did i stop chewing my nails, but they are growing stronger also!!
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!! I thought I was just crazy, but as soon as I changed my lifestyle for the better, I stopped chewing my nails. I just stopped one day.....I didn't even realize it until I looked down one day and I had fingernails!!:bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    That's how I noticed--how to go to scratch my leg, and draw some blood!

My husband said maybe I'm not craving whatever nutrients or fiber might be in the nails now that I'm eating right!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Dude me too! I was gonna post something about this too! I have always had the horrible habit of biting my nails but since I've been healthy, they've been growing. Crazy how that works!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    great work on stopping the nail biting. all the exercise that you are doing is probably changing the chemistry of your brain, helping you battle anxiety, thus forgoing the habit. keep up the great work!