diet coke?

Options
this is what i live off of.. no.. seriously! i dont drink anything exept for diet coke and water all day.... mainly diet coke. anything wrong with this ?! ive heard some bad things that come with drinking too much diet coke.. especially at a young aage like mee ( 14 )

Replies

• Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    Not just diet coke, ( which i too LOVE, but limit to no 6-8 ounces every few days) but all pop/soda in general depletes the vitamins in your body! ...also, think about all of the sodium, as far as dieting goes! Try switching out 1 diet coke for a water each day until you are using water as main source, and diet coke as a treat! :)
  • heynow388
    Options
    Not just diet coke, ( which i too LOVE, but limit to no 6-8 ounces every few days) but all pop/soda in general depletes the vitamins in your body! ...also, think about all of the sodium, as far as dieting goes! Try switching out 1 diet coke for a water each day until you are using water as main source, and diet coke as a treat! :)

Ouch. This hurts LOL
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should cut it down.. especially since you're young and still growing. Some of the chemicals in diet sodas steal calcium from your bones and other vitamins from other organs. Drink some milk and take a multivitamin :)
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Their have been studies that diet drinks can interfere with your bodies ability to absorb nutrients from food. So I would limit the pop.
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    pop dehydrates you!, diet pop is just as bad as regular pop in my opinion, its FULL of caffeine, artificial sweeteners, sodium(BAD) and phosphoric acid.
    just get rid of the pop all together! and drink cold water when ever you crave a pop!!
    if you need the wake up the caffeine gives you eat an apple!. honestly. i use to drink pop daily like you and i have completely cut it out and i feel healthier, when i drink pop now it even tastes unhealthy!

just think of it this way,12oz of pop has about 9 teaspoons of SUGAR(high fructose corn syrup(BAD BAD BAD)) in it!