Smoky Mountain Gal

Options
Riliye
Riliye Posts: 44 Member
Well, it simply wouldn't be right if I didn't start off with a "Hey y'all!" Haha. Anyhow...hello! I joined this site about a week ago when I finally put my foot down and said "Today is the day!" Back around Christmas I had decided that I'd make a New Year's resolution to get more fit...but come New Years it didn't really happen. After a very motivating church sermon on renewing our focus, here I am. (Granted, the sermon wasn't so much on weight...but shh.)

So! About me...I'm 23, from Gatlinburg,TN (that's the little dot over by the mountains near Dollywood, if you've heard of that) happily married, no kids but we've been talking about the big C now for a little while...unfortunately I have some health issues that will probably make conceiving difficult, so it's more of a conceptual theory at the moment. I want to lose somewhere between 50-75 lbs...that would put me at a healthy weight and right at where I was before college/marriage. I'm sure the hubby won't mind, anyhow.

I would love some friends, especially if there's anyone else out there from TN, although that's not a requirement -- let's motivate each other! ^__^

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! In Western NC. Good luck!!
  • nixxi76
    Options
    Hello!
    I just joined this website today after finding it on facebook through my friend's link. I'm new too and trying to figure this out.
    I have no idea how to use these tools but it looks like I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time in the help section lol
    Good luck with your weighloss!
  • Riliye
    Options
    @chrissyh - Awesome! I bet you're just over the mountain from me! Good luck to you as well. =)

@nixxi76 - I found it through facebook too; a friend of mine linked it in a blog that she advertises on facebook. So far I've been creeping the message boards almost every day. It's addictive. >_>
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love Gatlinburg, was just there a couple of weeks ago. I go on vacation around there often, usually stay in the mountains. It's beautiful! I have to get myself in shape because I made plans to hike to the top of Mt LeConte in October. :)
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Hello! I was born and spent my early years just north of Knoxville, I'm VERY familiar with your area. Gonna be in Townsend in mid April for a Geocaching trip! Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Riliye
    Options
    @seasonalvoodoo - Awesome! I work in Gatlinburg during the peak season...right now things are slow so I'm playing the Trophy Wife...guess I'd better get to work on that trophy part, eh? Last I heard, Leconte had somewhere in the ballpark of 4.5-5 feet of snow...hope you are planning to hike it in the summer - although how anyone can manage to hike in that blistering humidity blanket I'll never know. I do love my mountains though!

@IndyRick - Nice! Knoxville is my one-stop shop for books and the mall...we have a lot of tourism things around here but not much to satisfy a local palette. Townsend is beautiful -- will you be in Cades Cove or somewhere else?
  • Ra3Marie
    Options
    Hey im in charlotte nc lol ... good luck girly ! you can do it ... Im 21 and your 23 so I def know where your coming from ... just stay focused ! We will be in forever 21 cloths before we know it :-)
  • Riliye
    Options
    @Ra3Marie - Ohhh, that would be terrific! Maybe next time I go in Rue 21 I won't be so paranoid that the little stick employees are laughing at me. You know what I'm looking forward to the most? Being able to pull off a pair of those tight jeans with the really cute boots. In fact...maybe I'll make that a reward for meeting one of my goals...hmmmm...
  • seasonalvoodoo
    Options
    We are supposed to go in October....I wonder what the snow is like at that time. I don't think I could hike in the heat of summer!
  • Riliye
    Options
    It's pretty rare to get snow here in October...the earliest we get it is usually somewhere around Thanksgiving. That being said, who knows for next year. The first time it snowed this year, it was 75 degrees the day before. The weathermen here don't predict, they just perpetually scratch their heads and shrug.

October should be a great time -- the leaves will be changing which means traffic will be pretty heinous...but it's usually elderly folks and Youth Group kids, so trailwise it'll probably be quiet!
  • Ra3Marie
    Options
    yes ! lol me too ... its hard to find really cute boots because my calf muscles ... but You should go to victoriasecret.com and order there catalog they send them all the time and thats also good motivation
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Yep, we'll be spending the bulk of our time in Cades Cove, then hop over to play some music in Asheville. It's gonna be a great trip!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    Options
    Yep, we'll be spending the bulk of our time in Cades Cove, then hop over to play some music in Asheville. It's gonna be a great trip!

I love Cades Cove; it's so beautiful!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I live in Maryville so we aren't too far from eachother!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was born and spent my early years just north of Knoxville, I'm VERY familiar with your area. Gonna be in Townsend in mid April for a Geocaching trip! Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend!

OOO you'll be near me!!!!