XBOX Kinect

Options
Does anyone have the Kinect? I have been doing The Biggest Looser Game. I guess it's OK, but I'm not loving the work outs. I'm really looking for a good toning work out, as I run for my cardio. Does anyone have experience with any of the other games for the Kinect? I was thinking about getting Your Shape Fitness Evolved, but would like some feedback before I drop another $50 for a game. Does it have some good toning work outs? Thanks!

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have the EA sports Active 2, I am really sore afterwards, so it seems to really work you out....I was thinking of getting the Your Shape....I think they have it on Amazon for around $35.....
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love the Kinect!

My husband and I bought Your Shape a few weeks ago to try and I'll be honest...it's kinda collecting dust at the moment. It really didn't do anything for me, the workouts feel extremely slow and ineffective, and is just plain boring. But that's just my opinion of it. You may try it and decide you like it. :) To each their own. It just isn't stimulating enough for me to want to do it every day.

On the other hand, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the game Dance Central for my cardio. I know that's not what you're looking for in terms of exercise but it is SO MUCH FUN regardless. :)
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE my kinect! I have the biggest loser game and dance central. I also have the sports game. I love them all. I am a fan of games that keep you active!
  • tatwood106
    Options
    My wife has Zumba Fitness and seems to love it. I like Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures, these aren't really great workouts but keep you moving.
  • jhhicks
    Options
    My girlfriend and I LOVE the Fitness Evolved game. It's great and will leave you worked out and sore.
  • Julesm101
    Julesm101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kinect games return what you put into them. My wife and I used Sports alot, especially bowling and boxing. Even the Adventure game will work up a sweat if you really go for it. I just tried out a demo of Biggest Loser and I liked it so I may pick it up in the future and/or Shape Fitness E. (at Gamestop - used). Right now I have so many games and so little time!
  • DavidPeugh
    Options
    Kinect rocks! Dance Central helps you get your cardio on while keeping you entertained. I also have Your Shape and the initial workouts can be tedious. After unlocking the silver and gold workouts for cardio kickboxing, the tedium and slow pace goes away. The game design is rpg based so you have to go through the lower and slower levels to unlock the challeging (and fun) ones. The personal trainer isn't too bad and makes for a good warm up for the cardio classes. The gym games feel like they were thrown in at the last minute and aren't really that good for fitness. The zen activities make for a nice cool down session.
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the Your Shape Fitness and I really enjoy the Cardio Boxing and some of the boxing games. I typically do the elliptical trainer for my cardio, but I have started doing the cardio boxing on a couple of the days. The more you do, the more advanced programs you can unlock.

Do you have a Video rental place around you? Maybe you could rent it for the weekend and see if it will work for you.

good luck!
    ~Sheryl
  • adhillman01
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE my kinect! I have the biggest loser game and dance central. I also have the sports game. I love them all. I am a fan of games that keep you active!

What programs are you doing on the biggest loser?
  • mrstyle25
    mrstyle25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm using Biggest Looser and it's a beast! My friend has the other Your shape EA one or what not and I personally don't find it as good. Have you gone through all the steps to configure it correctly? It does a full body scan, plus your stat entries, daily logging and level of settings, from upper body, core, lower and etc and i have found the different levels of difficulty really do change the aggressiveness of the game. I'll be working out in about an hour once i leave the office and get home and it's my workout 'off' day!
  • mrstyle25
    mrstyle25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    P.S. I found when I don't usually enjoy the workouts, it's probably good for me. Believe me, I've literally cussed at the screen more than once! ;-) Good Luck!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just got the Kinect on Saturday, and MAN I'm thrilled! all I have is Dance central, and did 4 hours this weekend, burned a little bit of a sweat ... But I have to P90X tonight, and all i want to do is DANCE! haha

Love this thing!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I have something on my Christmas list already.
  • Trleo19
    Options
    I had your shape fitness evolved but I hated the slow pace and tedious workouts. I also felt it took forever to burn 200 calories. I recently traded it in for EA sports active 2 and since it has a heart rate monitor I know exactly how many calories I burn. What zone my heart rate its in and all that good stuff. I also feel like it's not at tedious as Your Shape because the workout routines are ever changing. Granted there is much more downloadable content for Your Shape but I feel EA Sports active is just more fun and accurate. I also agree with the people that have Dance Central that game is so much fun and also a great cardio workout!
  • LD6686
    LD6686 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I bought a bundle which came with the biggest loser and your shape games. Must admit, wasn't impressed with the your shape game at all. Didn't push me enough, but the biggest loser game...holy cow! lol. It really hurts. But then again I went from 0 exercsie to doing 7 days a week exercise. I do the challenges, yoga and box fit on my days off, and do 20 minutes of the fitness programme on light. I burn about 150-180 cals. I need to step it up, either to moderate for 20 mins, or go for 30 mins on light. Not sure of the best route atm. I am also going down the gym now too.

The only problem I have with the biggest loser is getting on the floor, it can't see me very well, so says I am doing things wrong. I have configured it so much, but it doesn't wanna pick me up. Stupid thing. And the butt kicks. Again, it says I am doing it wrong...but how hard is it to kick your butt?! I follow her speed etc, but still doesn't pick me up. Oh well. I would like to get the Dance Central game, or zumba. Both look good