towel question

Options
This may be a crazy question, but i didnt know where else to ask this. Im thinking about moving out my parents house, maybe in a year or 4, but I wanted to get towels at JCpenney, because I like them and their on sale, but I was wondering if something will happen to them like, will they break down or anything within a few years. I wont be using them at all until I move out, but does anyone know if anything will happen to them?
Thanks!

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    This may be a crazy question, but i didnt know where else to ask this. Im thinking about moving out my parents house, maybe in a year or 4, but I wanted to get towels at JCpenney, because I like them and their on sale, but I was wondering if something will happen to them like, will they break down or anything within a few years. I wont be using them at all until I move out, but does anyone know if anything will happen to them?
    Thanks!
  • LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    They should be fine!

Now finding a reasonable place to store them for a few years, and hoping your taste doesn't change in the meantime would be more of a concern, IMO!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    We've still got towels we got as a wedding present 25 years ago! And still use them regularly!

Needless to say, we're not into buying "unnecessary" items like towels when the old ones we have work great and there's other things to spend money on--like vacations, etc.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    my advice would be to get them and pack them away in a watertight, airtight container or bag with some cedar shavings. ( maybe one of those storage bags where you vacume out the air)and store them somewhere , that if you look for them you will find them.... Lots of stuff stored in an attic might be forgotten.....In the olden days girls had hope chests ( most made of cedar so the moths wouldn't destroy fabrics). I hope that helped:flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Towels will always be on sale, so don't snatch them up now if you won't be using them for a few years just because they are on sale. However if you fell in love with them because they are a particular design then go for it. I bought stuff for my "fish decor" bathroom years before I could finally afford to move out of my parents house and I got great use out of them for 6 years. I still have the towels but I recently got an apt with my boyfriend and he wasn't fond of the fish, so we redecorated. I don't like to use them since they don't go with the new bathroom, but if we need towels to get us by for a few days before laundry day they come in handy.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Before I moved out on my own I started buying thngs that I knew I would need as soon as i moved out. It really helped in the long with money.

Happy shopping:drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a cedar chest.................... a big one:laugh:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Hope Chest aren't just for the old Days. :bigsmile: Cause Im not old yet dang it lol. my parents did it for me , dad built the chest, and I hope to do it for my daughter if I have one :flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    sorry Blazing( steps quietly off of blazins foot and gives her a :flowerforyou: ) I guess I'm just jealous because I didn't get one:grumble:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    sorry Blazing( steps quietly off of blazins foot and gives her a :flowerforyou: ) I guess I'm just jealous because I didn't get one:grumble:

lol there's no toe stepping :bigsmile: I thought it was so awesome, I got it for my 16th birthday, they had been adding things over the years, and from 16 til I moved out we added things together , I thought it was awesome and would so love to do it with my child, if Im blessed with a girl :bigsmile:

Sorry you didnt get one , :flowerforyou: Now you can blame your parents for all life problems though, I think thats a good enough repay lol :laugh: