NO Bake PB Protein Bars

Options
1235»

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I make these every week now, they definitely come in handy at breakfast time \m/
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions as to whether swapping some peanut butter for mashed banana would work ( to lower the cal) and if so how much?
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try these only with chocolate protein powder. Sounds wonderful!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    bump
  • paroxysm
    Options
    *saved (Nice!)
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter SO much! Can't wait to make these! Thanks for the recipe.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    should work fine with mashed banana instead of PB. I would use 2 good sized bananas which is about 250 cals. This would reduce total cals by 650 (for my pb). Increased carbs and decreased fat.

I just made some with choc/vanilla casein protein. Took 1.5 cups of water to get moist enough I think. In the freezer now :)
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks chris, was thinking of doing half peanut butter half banana
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I made the protein bars but also added 1/4 cup of slivered almonds and 1/2 - 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon. I entered the bars in the recipe data base and named them Homemade Peanut Butter, Oatmeal 'n Almond Protein Bars. They calculated to be 153 calories a piece with the 8 x 8 pan of 10 bars. Hopefully they taste good. I'll have one for breakfast in the morning with my coffee!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Okay I ate my protein bar with a yogurt this morning. It was pretty good and a very satisfying and filling breakfast. Lots of energy today with all the protein!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump. So easy!
  • 3b3rly
    3b3rly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it does sound good. can someone suggest / clarify what you mean by vanilla/chocolate protein? where do i find this in the store?
  • trainlady1107
    trainlady1107 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You did terrific, how did you loose so much so fast? :happy:
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    These are chilling in my fridge right now!! I'm excited to try them.

I used pure protien brand protien powder and the scoops are HUGE so I added a little more peanut butter so it wasn't all vanilla. I also hoped I mixed it well enough :smile: