Blisters... :(

acknan
acknan Posts: 261 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been working hard on the treadmill and due to a long walk and too thin socks, I got some blisters on my feett. It didn't seem too bad a first, so I kept on the treadmill for the next few days. Today though, I can't imagine hopping on the treadmill.

Does anyone have any suggestions for avoiding the blisters or alternative exercises? I am using today as my day off this week, but I want to do something tomorrow. I am afraid my stationary bike will cause issues since I wear my sneakers. I can use on demand videos... Any hints?

Thanks in advance!!!

-Nancy

Replies

• nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    2nd skin or moleskin is sooo good! they are like these gel squares that you can get at the drugstore in the first-aid/bandaid aisle. I swear to you, you will not even remember you have blisters! I used 'em all during cross-country in high school.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Moleskin - definitely. And get some good socks- Smartwools are all I wear - they got through a 3-Day 60 miles Avon Breast Cancer walk with only one blister.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    i had that problem at first too. i think it was my shoes! either they're too tight or not tight enough, sock thickness, etc. ive switched shoes and had no problems now with any pair of socks..maybe put bandaids to endure it?
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    If its at your house why not walk barefoot? lol
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    I have the same issue. And I'm allergic to adhesive. The best advice I was given that works is: rub vit e or vassaline on your feet at night after your shower. Its softens the skin. You will want to designate a pair of socks to wear after you rub either on cause it feels sticky. Good luck hope this helps
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    Get some of the blister band-aids for now. I like the CVS store brand. With those on your feet you shoudl still be able to do your walking workouts. For the future you can lube your feet with either a blister prevention product which can be found in the band-aid ailse or you can use plan old vaseline. Make sure your shoes fit properly and get somes socks which wick aways moisture. I hope that helps.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Thanks everyone! I think I have to deal with the damage that I have done to myself right now, but hopefully I can get back on the Treadmill tomorrow. :) (With new socks)
This discussion has been closed.