arm workouts/

Options
is there any good workouts for your upper arms like the flab that sits there when your arms are out in a t-shape? i absolutely HATE this !! and i cant do correct pushups for the life of me... and when i do correct pushups i dont feel any sort of burn or nothin,.. helppppp!

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Search tricep exercises. These are what you are looking for, and beleive me, you can sure feel those!
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD for overall toning. My trouble spots are always my arms, and her circuit training really targets them well.
  • zebulonwindrow
    Options
    As I am a male,I am not exactly sure what flab you are talking about. But, I think I recall seeing flab on ladies arms before, and it generally hung down from the tricept area. If that is the case for you, then I would recommended the following exercises:

push ups -- do a lot of these, the closer your hands are together, the more the exercise works your triceps. The further apart, the more it works your chest. I reccomend that you put your hands in a diamond shape and touch your chest to your hands. Make sure your back is straight and you move as one plane. If you spread your arms out, ensure that your body breaks the plane of your shoulders. Someone from above should see you break by plane in a convex, not concave manner and never arch your back while doing this. If you cannot do a regular push up, go to your knees.

I would do sets of pushups. I am not sure how civilian females do this, but when I was in the military we all did the same stuff. So, I would just try doing sets of 10, and take breaks. Eventually, you will reach muscular failure. Your arms will twitch. Keep going until you literally collapse and then move to your knees and then when you can't do that, pivot from your hips.

You can also do dips. You may have to google this for a picture, but get a couple chairs and dip between them. This exercises your tricepts. You can also put your arms close together behind you and push up and down off a table, using the heels of your feet as a pivot with your body at almost a 90 degree angle.

Eventually, your muscles will build up and the flab will burn.