I know it may be a dumb question....

Options
But do extremely large people like myself (265.5 lbs as of today) lose more weight than smaller people? My first week I lost 5 lbs. Then 1 lb the next week. Then I didn't weigh in for 2 weeks and I lost 8.5 lbs!!!!!!! I've been pretty strict with myself and I'm pleased, but I just couldn't believe it! I had to weigh myself 4 or 5 times to actually believe it. I even made sure my scale was calibrated correctly. Is it cuz we have a lot more to lose? Or is this just all water weight? Or am I really doing the damn thang? I don't know but I do know my size 22 jeans no longer fit my 4th week into this and I'm a lil bit in disbelief. I know its a dumb question, but did any of the people that started out really large like myself experience this same thing?

Replies

• fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    yep because it takes more work/effort when you are heavy set....
  • queenkala
    Options
    yes its true, the larger you are the faster you will lose weight in the beginning. your body burns more calories than ppl who weigh less does.

congrats on the weightloss btw!!!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies cuz I'm over here in awe! LOL...I'm so emotional about this! I thought I was working really really hard for some of the things I've been doing, but I see its really paying off!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Yay for you!!! :drinker: And yes. You'll lose weight at a quicker rate at first. The closer you get to your goal, the harder it is to get it off. Enjoy it!
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 1st at 274 pounds, first week lost 5.5 lbs, second week 1.5lbs, and third week I lost 2lbs. I'm gonna be sad when it stops dropping off so quickly! LOL
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    It's part water weight, part fat and part muscle. But yes, you should see a bigger loss the bigger you are. This will slow down. So please enjoy the first few pounds of loss and dont get despondent when it slows. It's all part of a long process.

Good luck and keep going! :flowerforyou: You're doing great! :bigsmile: