Sugar from fruits and veggies

Options
So I'm looking at my food diary and I'm about -16 in the sugar column. I have only had 13g. from non-fruits/veggies. All my other sugar is coming from fruits and veggies. Is this ok? I kind of panic a bit when I see that number go into the red, but I know I'm eating pretty well so idk if I should let it get to me. What do you all think?

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Nope the one from fruit and veggies I dont count. But I also only eat about 1 fruit a day... Too much fruit is not a good thing for weight loss imo.
  • Suederaven
    Suederaven Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Better to eat fruit than junk food. The sugars that fruit provides aren't the bad sugars you have to watch. Everything in moderation, of course. Just remember that the numbers are a guide line and don't worry too much about going into the red. :)
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Yea, I need to limit my fruit intake. I just L.O.V.E. fruit lol.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'm ALWAYS over on my fruit.. :S
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Don't worry about it if it is from fruits and veggies. Try to go under 40g of sugar from non-fruit sources.
  • toxicbox
    Options
    Your body runs on sugar, water and oxygen.
    I was told to not even track my sugars because the NATURAL sugars from things like fruit are some of the first things your body burns!! So as long as they are NATURAL (not candy, sodas, sweets etc) you really don't have to count them!
    But they are right just like anything else don't forget your moderation! :wink:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'd still be careful. Regardless of them being from fruits, they still do impact your blood sugar and aren't always the best options. Fruit sugars are still simple sugars. Make sure you have a good variety of foods and aren't eating a lot of a certain food. If it is just one day, who cares? But if you are constantly having a lot of sugar, you may want to reconsider what things you are making up your diet and try to go more to some of the complex sugars in veggies.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Eating fruits is definitely great! They are simple sugars however so they are broken down very quickly, leaving you hungry soon afterwards. Try pairing fruit with a protein or complex carb, such as almonds, Triscuits, or milk.
  • toxicbox
    Options
    Eating fruits is definitely great! They are simple sugars however so they are broken down very quickly, leaving you hungry soon afterwards. Try pairing fruit with a protein or complex carb, such as almonds, Triscuits, or milk.

Also try my fav: Granny Smith Apples with Peanut Butter!!!! :love:
  • inpaperclouds
    Options
    I'm always over with sugar also, I love fruit. Although they are natural sugars, they're still SUGARS. You should still try to keep it low.