120 pounds gone for good, the last 35 wont budge!

Options
I'm pretty new here, but not to losing weight.

I started out at 305 pounds, and i'm currently standing between 180-185.
I've been stuck at this number since SEPTEMBER!!! I'm not sure what to do other then to just not give up.
I've altered my workouts, and my diet. Still nothing!
Recently I started running, so we'll see if that does anything...

heres some pictures of my progress so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/WaffleFairy/n635130555_400767_5732.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/WaffleFairy/Picture5.png

Not sure how to get the pictures to show, so i'll just put the url here.

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the loss! You are doing great.
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Here you go!
    n635130555_400767_5732.jpg
    Picture5.png
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    How tall are you? What is your recommended weight and or BMI compared to where you are at now?
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    First of all, WAY TO GO!! That is an amazing feat and you look amazing!!

Secondly, you're doing all the right things. Just keep switching it up and your body will respond! And you're right: the one thing you shouldn't do is give up!! :smile:

Good luck!
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    first let me say: WAY TO GO!!!! you look AMAZING! you are so much smaller now, so its gonna be harder to lose this last lil bit of weight, and since you have lost most of the weight most of what you will do now will prolly be toning instead of weight loss. muscle is twice as dense as fat so if you gain muscle u wont see as much of a difference on the scale. i would definitely focus on cardio hardcore tho
  • spencer72
    Options
    You've done great so far!
  • heatherisadork
    heatherisadork Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing that!

And thanks for the comments. I'm hoping i can lose at least another 20 more, that'd be amazing!
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great job you have to be proud of yourself!
    Are you check your body fat as well? Remember it's not all about the scales. You might be gaining muscle! Also, have you tried adding in sone resistance training?
  • genianc
    genianc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a good job! Sorry things are stalled. I hope the running works!
  • vulcangrrl
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done, I'm sure you'll beat this plateau and make your goal soon.
  • cherlinden
    Options
    Running will work!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Try some p90x, when the body gets used to physical exercise of similar or the same types you tend to plateau, the body is kind of funny you need to keep it guessing so that it can not get used to one set or way of working out, sometimes its as simple as changing the time you work out. Just make sure you stay above 1200 calories a day and maybe throw in some natural metabolic stimulants like spicy food or cayenne pepper capsules with a meal. The whole idea of p90x is to keep the body guessing that is why interval training is such a great way to get in shape, it keeps the body guessing and is much more effective at training the body. I have alway been an advocate of running, its a great means of losing weight but throw intervals into the mix and it becomes that much more effective. FYI do not get discouraged, you are doing a fantastic job so keep at it.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that calorie counting here will help....you'll probably become a calorie counting nazi for yourself. I'm pretty new here too and within DAYS I've become a calorie counting nazi for myself!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep it up!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Wow what a difference, you look great, congrats.! I'd be happy at the weight you are:)
  • ariesldsgal
    ariesldsgal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, keep working and you can accomplish anything. Just remember, mind over matter (or body in our case). Your body cannot do anything your mind doesn't allow. So tell your body who's the boss! :-)
  • heatherisadork
    Options
    How tall are you? What is your recommended weight and or BMI compared to where you are at now?

I'm around 5'3.5

I'm pretty sure my recommended weight is between 114-144. My goal is 155 though.
  • heatherisadork
    Options
    Pretty sure that calorie counting here will help....you'll probably become a calorie counting nazi for yourself. I'm pretty new here too and within DAYS I've become a calorie counting nazi for myself!

Ohh i've been counting for awhile now. I was using a site called tweetwhatyoueat but a lot of people I know told me about this site so I finally checked it out, and it's so much easier, plus theres a community option here :D But yea, i totally feel you about being a calorie nazi for myself, sometimes it drives my friends insane haha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!