Healthy Snack Ideas

flipnsexy
flipnsexy Posts: 37
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone!! I'm having a group of friends over tomorrow night for a stampin' up party & I need to put out some munchies and snacks. I know there are fruit & veggie trays to put out but was wondering if you can give me some other ideas? You can only have so much fruits and veggies if you know what I mean lol. TIA :)

Replies

• hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 385 Member
    97% fat free cooked ham rolled up with 2% or reduced fat cheese like provolone. That will offset the veggies and still be a healthy low cal low fat filling finger food. You can also put whole grain baked crackers instead of chips. Or you can make finger sandwiches with Sara Lee's 45 Calorie honey wheat bread. Get some Weight Watchers goodies and don't tell them what they are and maybe they won't even notice so you can have a lil bit of sweet as well. Serve tea or sugar free juice instead of soda. Also if you're having coffee use fat free creamer instead of the regular stuff. I've noticed if you don't tell someone its low cal they will never know and still enjoy and be satisfied just as well. You can also make a 7 layer dip using fat free refried beans and low cal sour cream. I bet that would go off well too! Have fun!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    I am a big fan of hummus and pita wedges; rice crackers and laughing cow cheese; and definitely some almonds.
  • lightly buttered/homemade popcorn
  • Edamame is always an exotic way to go that is still pretty cheap (about $2 for a bag in the frozen section). Just boil, drain, sprinkle some sea salt on them, and make sure your guests know that they are only supposed to eat the beans in the pod and not the whole thing. My friends like coming over for homemade veggie sushis too :-).
  • Oooh... or mini-crustless-quiches made in cupcake tins are a good high protein yet easy to skrimp on the cal's. Shrimps are also a good way to go as well.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Baked tortilla chips with salsa; Hummis is always a good choice and you can dip the veggies in it or crackers/pita chips/tortilla chips; Sugar free jello w/ light cool whip; You can make popcorn and then melt some white chocolate chips and pour over the popcorn. It coats the popcorn lightly and is absolutely delicious! Have fun, it sounds like a good time!!
  • I love HUMMUS, w/ sea salt bagel chips, or cut up fresh veggies. Taste yummy, and they make different flavors of Hummus.

Cheese and crackers, (many choices there)
    Spinach dip w/ sea salt bagel chips.
  • you can use low calorie flour tortillas and make wraps and roll them and cut them into 1 inch pieces, its cheap too !
  • Thank You everyone for the great ideas :)
This discussion has been closed.