Just had a wonderful breakthrough moment

Options
erikblock
erikblock Posts: 230 Member
I've been doing MFP for about 2 weeks, and I'm amazed by how much my eating habits have already changed, and how hyper-aware I am of what I'm eating. It's 8 p.m. and I'm about to leave work and I just had a thought cross my mind that never would have 2 weeks ago: "Wow...I still get to eat 500 more calories tonight! Awesome!"

In just 2 short weeks, I've trained myself to think of 500 calories as enough to get in a satisfying and filling meal. I'm so excited for this site and for the future me that it's already helping to create.

Cheers to you all of you, my fitness pals...and cheers to what the future holds for each and every one of us!

Replies

• hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing huh? I also had that epiphany the other day. I was thinking I was eating 1200 calorie meals just a few weeks ago and now I'm shocked if my calories for one meal goes over 500. LOL...Its a wonderful tool this MFP. I feel so much better and food tastes so much sweeter now that I'm eating healthier! Good lucky to you and God Bless! You can do it!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You are on a fabulous journey! Enjoy every step and good luck to you along the way. I see great weight loss in the future for you!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yay! I had that epiphany today myself! :) I realized that it was just barely 2 pm and I still had 900 calories to go, so I would be able to have an afternoon snack, a good dinner, and an evening snack. Feels good, doesn't it? Good for you. :)
  • everydayepiphanies
    everydayepiphanies Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and I can so relate!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I can relate as well! Tonight it was awesome to eat two huge tacos and a granola bar and still be under 500 calories :-) I love tacos!
  • christopherake
    Options
    I treat calories like they are money. Do I want to waste 280 calories on a 20oz mountain dew or do I drink water with my lunch? That was the argument I had in my head today. I usually would give myself a mountain dew refill on my way out the door.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    Yay! I love those days! 21 days=a habit, 6 months=a lifetime habit :)
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1 week down, only 2 more to make it a habit, a few months and it will be my way of life! This website has definately opened my eyes!
  • kristakayklein
    Options
    I totally agree! This site has been so wonderful. In all of my years of up and down weight... this is the ONLY thing I have actually believed will work. It is exciting! You are doing great by the way! Keep it up Erik! :)
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I must agree. This site is amazing. Right before someone suggested this site to me, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and was put on medication for it at 31! I owe so much to this site and the wonderful people who use it for the amazing support and camaradie they exhibit on a daily basis. I no longer need medication as my BP is normal. I thank MFP and the community for helping me help myself. Cheers :drinker:
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    Yeah - I am totally addicted to this site. Its great to hear/see everyone's perspective on things when you're up and when you're down mentally.

There have been a few times when I've gotten out of a funk just by checking out the message boards.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!