I'm so down

Luxuria
Luxuria Posts: 13
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
I can't stop reaching for the cookie jar, had like 5 today :/
I can't exercise it off because i'm really ill with a lung infection
so I'm just sitting here beating myself up :/
losing weight seems so frustrating, I think I've gained a few pounds.
ERGH!!! >.<

Help? Anyone?

Laurie
x

Replies

• Luxuria
    I can't stop reaching for the cookie jar, had like 5 today :/
    I can't exercise it off because i'm really ill with a lung infection
    so I'm just sitting here beating myself up :/
    losing weight seems so frustrating, I think I've gained a few pounds.
    ERGH!!! >.<

Help? Anyone?

Laurie
    x
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    My one and only suggestion is to keep your hands busy. I don't know what you are able to do in your condition, but just take your mind off of food. Knit, do a crossword, dust the livingroom, just keep away from the kitchen (unless it's to do dishes!)

As for the cookies: Don't worry about them. Worry about your health. The cookies are in the past. Focus on the present! Start again tomorrow!

We've all been there! Best of luck!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    STAND AWAY FROM THE COOKIE JAR!! :angry: :explode:

Just kiddin....simply commit to eating soup tonight for dinner...lots of great veggie soup!! :wink:

Live in this moment...plan tonights successful meal and :smile:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Definetly try to keep your hands busy - do you like video games? Sometimes when I am hungry and I shouldn't be eating I play Mario Bros on my Nintendo DS (well, my daugher's DS).

:smile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    lol that's why I come on here so much! lol its far away from the cookie jar and typing keeps my hands busy...and you all keep me laughing so its like an added ab workout!

:laugh:

but seriously, I have times when its worse than others and those are the times I really try to keep busy...or I'll put on music and dance or go out for a run or walk if its not too late...exercise is a good way to keep the munchies at bay too!

hugs and good luck!
    Ali
  • Yes! Busy hands.....pick up a great book you can't put down! Maybe meditate about your goals during your "down time" I am really bad at night snacking but don't beat yourself up, try to stay positive! Maybe you can do slow hand weights and or leg lifts? I dunno??? Perhaps journaling would be good.....Creating something makes me feel the best, even if it's with crayons...Do something that will make you feel proud of yourself today! You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to within health reasons of course......Maybe make a list of all the things you can do sitting there....... Maybe a list of things you are grateful for and things you are proud of yourself for!:flowerforyou: When you are down there's only one place to go and that's up, so GO! and P.S. You are BEAUTIFUL so you can start by being happy abou that!
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    lol that's why I come on here so much! lol its far away from the cookie jar and typing keeps my hands busy...and you all keep me laughing so its like an added ab workout!

:laugh:

but seriously, I have times when its worse than others and those are the times I really try to keep busy...or I'll put on music and dance or go out for a run or walk if its not too late...exercise is a good way to keep the munchies at bay too!

hugs and good luck!
    Ali

Hee hee I'm with you Ali.... whenever I find myself about to wander up to the receptionist's desk for a piece of candy (D@MN HER AND HER FUN SIZE SNICKERS!) I log into MFP and peek in on the boards... I must be on here 12 times a day :laugh:
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    I agree with others about keeping busy hands. Also, know that you are not alone. I had a couple of really good days followed by two bad nights of eating. Just realize tomorrow is a new day and you can do it!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    yes doing some craft or something is a great way to ignore being hungry, I wouldn't read because I like to munch while I read:grumble: . Personally I got rid of the cookie jar. I just didn't need it sitting there on the counter taunting me :laugh: :laugh: .
  • Luxuria
    Thank you so much for you ideas and support. Really you guys are amazing!
    I think I may try my hand at video games and reading, unfortunately, exercise is a no no because it causes loss of breathe and excessive coughing :/ it's frustrating!
    I get some new meds today so hopefully i'll be better within a week!
    again thank you all so much =]

Laurie
    xxx
This discussion has been closed.