Zumba

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    HRM (heart rate monitor) zumbacalories.com gives you the calories according to your weight and the intensity you think you are doing
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Before I purchased my HRM, I was inputting it into MFP as high impact aerobics and it was giving me 840 cals. Now that I wear my HRM, a 60 min class is 645 cals for me. I'm 5' 8" 290lbs

*Edited to say: Zumbacalories.com was way off. Said I burned over 900 calories. Good thing I wasnt eating back my exercise calories!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Check this out. I've found it to be pretty close to the system my gym uses (FitLinxx) which is almost always accurate according to the HRM my trainer had me wear a couple times.

http://www.caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I calculate my calories burned using zumbacalories.com It takes into account your weight, the intensity level and the length of the workout!

Zumbacalories.com said I burned over 900 calories, and that was for low intensity! Mid was over 1100. My HRM (most accurate) registers at 645. So keep in mind zumbacalories.com is not going to be accurate
  • Sarahsbattle
    Sarahsbattle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend getting a heart rate monitor (that's an HRM to the person who asked). They're rather addictive because you'll want to wear it for everything. I wore mine (a Mio) when push mowing the yard and was surprised that I burned over 600 calories just doing that. For Zumba, I agree with others that much depends on your instructor. Mine is very high intensity and doesn't stop; so I burn between 700 and 800 cals with her in 60 minutes.
  • tracyhall63
    tracyhall63 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor and in a 55 minute class I burn between 250 and 320 calories depending on the instructor. That being said the time of the work rated by the HRM as fat burning is much hiegher in zumba than other classes I take such as step where the majority of the time is conditioning.
  • braker23
    Options
    Are you just loosening weight with Zumba or did u can't eating to
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    theres a site .. google how many calories did i burn at Zumba. go to the first site.. and it will ask you question to help get an accurate amount.
  • DalisJones
    Options
    When I wear my Heart rate monitor (depend on weight, high, age) I may burn up to 900 calories per hour, My tzumba instructor go crazy :bigsmile: !!! but she is a great person :flowerforyou: