Non-Scale Victory: React in a Crisis

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
Long story short: I'm volunteering at my local VFW post last Friday night. We're serving steaks, and I'm helping at the grill on our outside patio. It's raining, and nearly dark, when there is a bad car crash right on front of our building. Since I'm first aid and CPR trained, I haul *kitten* out there to check for injuries. Fortunately, there were none, so I run back to the building to make sure police are on their way, then run back to the site with water since the drivers were pretty shaken up. Then, it's sprint back to my car for flares. Then directing traffic out of the way until the police show up.

Bottom line - my heart was pounding from all the excitement, but thanks to the fact that I'm actually in shape now, I was fine. A year ago, all that running would have left me too winded to probably do CPR adequately.

So you never know when you'll be faced with a crisis, and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle pay off in ways aside from the scale, the mirror, and the gym. Good luck!

Replies

• spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    that is a great side effect of healthy living! I am glad no one actually NEEDED your CPR :flowerforyou:
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank God for people like you.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Wow, congrats to you! Not just for the healthy victory (which is awesome) but for volunteering your time and being prepared for the worst.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats to you! Not just for the healthy victory (which is awesome) but for volunteering your time and being prepared for the worst.

I completely agree, congrats to you and I am thankful for people like you in this world, you make it a better place!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!