New and have questions

Options
Hi. My name is Danielle and I am new to myfitnesspal. I recently lost close to 90 lbs over 2 + years and can't seem to get the last 10-15 off. I did it all on my own diet and exercise and recently joined the points+ to see if it can help me. I now found this website and I am completly hooked. The biggest question i have is...I exercise alot. I burned over 700 calories today in exercise which in turn gave me all these extra calories to eat. If I don't eat them, am I really starving my body? Please help. this has been my problem for the last 6 months. I'm scared to eat too much. I appreciate feed back.

danielle6875:smooched:

Replies

• cyndi101
    Options
    I am very interested in seeing the answers you get to this because I am wondering the same thing myself. I do not try to starve myself. I pretty much eat all I want and occasionally have something I don't Really want just to add extra calories b/c of the exercise calories. ugh
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    This site tells you to eat them back and so will a lot of people! I personally cant eat that much calories unless I indulge in the bad things such as eating a bag of chips. I was told by a personal trainer however NOT to eat your calories back. So I guess its up to you! See what works best for your body!
  • jpmajors
    Options
    The secret is to have a calorie deficit. If your BMI is 2000 Kc. Then you would want a 500 Kc deficit so you would only eat 1500 and you can loose weight. Yes you can loose weigh and not exercise but that would suck :-) So if you eat the calories you burn during exercise you can eat them and still have your deficit. Make sense? I would encourage you to eat at least half of the burned calories and lean towards more complex carbs since you are working out so well. Keep it up, I am a cardio addict !! I have a 800 Kc deficit and usually burn between 500 and 700 Kc per day
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the posts back. Please continue to send me your thoughts. I am still so scared. I have over 500 calories left to eat and its going on 10PM in New Jersey. I hate to eat to just eat. Make sense?
  • mikeatunion
    Options
    Just started with the MFP tonight. I have been dieting since the Jan. 1. This site seems to be great. Being able to just type in the food and get the nutrition information is pretty cool.

The goal is to hit 205 by June 11. I started at 256. In a little more than 3 weeks I am down to 243.

My wife has always been trim, and I have always carried an extra 30-50 pounds. I've decided it would be nice if I live as long as she does. So its time to do something about basketball I am smuggling under my shirt.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    IDdDefinitely neeed to eat all your calories. I'm in the same boat, I lost 250 lbs and I've been playing with the last 15 lbs. Looked at what I was doing and discoveered I was in a pattern of having a good day followed by a bad. On good days I was eating up to 600 under my calorie goal then binging on the bad day. I think I was compensating for undereating the previous day. Since I started eating my allotted calories, doing better and not feeling ravenous every other day.

I usually exercise 1000 cals a day and with my 1210 assigned by MFP I have to eat 2200 a day. Its a lot but I worrk haerd so earn it.

Good Luck!
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WOW...your an amazing inspiration. Keep up the good work.
    Can you give me some suggestions on how to fill in my calories?
    Like tonight...I hate to just eat junk to fulfill my calories.
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Almonds are always a great way to fill your calories.....if i have extra i have a 1/3 cup of almonds and the best part is, they are super healthy for you!