Horrible acne break outs

Options
For the past 2 weeks I have cleaned up my diet and cut out simple sugars, bad fats, and alcohol. In that time my normally clear skin has broken out with small zits all over including my neck. My trainer said it is my body detoxing through my skin. Anyone heard of this? I feel so ugly!!!

Replies

• happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me the first month or so that I started eating right and drinking enough water. It cleared up and my skin has never been better than it is now.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Me too it sucks!!! Only on one side of my face to and neck! Never have I had this....:grumble:
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Your trainer is right. Your body is detoxing and a lot of times that will happen.

I found this.. I have no idea how accurate it is though:

Detoxing From Sugar
    We all know the nutritional value of refined white sugar is hard on the body. Detoxing from sugar will often cause skin reactions such as rashes and breakouts. Rather than put something on the skin to stop the breakout, you can aid the clearing reaction with a bentonite clay poultice. This will expedite the healing of the skin irritation combined with pulling the toxins out. Know that when the skin begins to react to a detox cleanse that this response is really a positive sign. Your body is now stronger and better able to release the poisons; The skin's ability to heal is coming alive. After all the skin is the largest organ of the body and is becoming an active participant in the detoxing process.
    Don't fear if you see strange skin activity, such as itching, rashes, pimples, etc. Be sure and drink lots of water, and an aloe vera and clay paste can be quite helpful and soothing. You will find these symptoms will only last a short time, maybe two or three days.

Read more: http://www.healthynewage.com/detox2.html#ixzz1C0lrP1Np
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It does go away. Kinda makes you feel like an adolescent again. Get some acne cleanser and a good moisturizer that your skin will tolerate.

Good Luck!
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too. I just started this month and my face has been horrible, and I was curious if this had anything to do with the eating and excercising. Thanks for the post!
  • Snelllee
    Snelllee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me. It will get better, its just the change of diet. My skin is in the process of clearing up but I've noticed my hair is greasier and my nails are growing like crazy! I'm hoping my hair being greasy is a sign its growing healthier too!
  • weesie1
    Options
    Don't forget to wash your face after each workout, and use an astringent a couple times a week to help clear out pores. Isn't sweating fun? That, and as you lose weight, you'll like looking in the mirror more after each wash :-)
  • PrincessNeali
    Options
    Happened to me! Drink lots of water and also cut out the milk fats. Only drink fat free milk and anything dairy do fat free. My dermatologist told me many people are allergic to milk fat and don't even know it! Be patient, sooner than you know your skin will glow!
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ABout 3-4 days into my healthier lifestyle I broke out crazy- and then it calmed down- I have noticed my face is dryer in my t-zone and greasy... but as the days go by it seems to be clearing nicely- just our bodies detoxing! :)