edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey Everyone, Here is a Great Workout I do

Just wanted to share...

This is to be performed on the StairClimber Machine

Warm-up on machine of your choice for 10 Minutes

Now to the Stairclimber
Manual settings

THE LOW
Start at Level 7 for the low or 70 steps per minute ( whatever the particular machine settings ate) all are different
Stay at Level 7 for 3 Minutes

THE HIGH
For 2 Minutes go to level 15-18 or 145 Steps per minute

Now go back to the low

Repeat for 15-20 Minutes

End the workout with 10 Minutes at a Level 8-10

Good Luck & Happy StairClimbing

Julie

Replies

• sueiniowa
    sueiniowa Posts: 1 Member
    I have been doing a stair-climbing interval workout during my lunch break at work. I start with a 2 minute warm up walking to the far end of the building (becasue the staircase in the parking ramp is the longest one in the building). Then I go up the stairs for one minute and down for one minute, repeating until I've gone up stairs 9 times. I can't go up longer than one minute because I run out of floors, but it does get my heart pumping and I do work up a sweat. After my 9th up interval do a 2-3 minute cool down by going back down to level 2 (where my office is) and walking back to the other end of the building. It's a 21 minute total workout, add a couple of minutes to stop in the restroom to splash cold water on my face and neck, and that pretty much takes up my 30 minute lunch break. I try to do this twice a week. I am noticing that it has gotten easier to go up the stairs. I use a free ipod interval timer called gymboss, it's really handy to keep track of how long each interval is.
This discussion has been closed.