DRI?

Options
Hello,

I am only three-day member of this program, and I am amazed by an application on my phone that can just scan bar codes of what I'm eating to calculate the amount of calories and several other nutrition. I want to gain some pounds, and it's actually as difficult as losing some pounds!

Well, I just want to know if you know any of other service that is similar to this where I can just scan the bar code to calculate the amount of other essentials (e.g. vitamin A, B, C, D, E, K, and minerals such as zinc, iodine, selenium, fluoride)??

Are you familiar with DRI? It stands for Dietary Reference Intakes, which consists of values of necessary nutrients for Americans to follow. Google it up if you are not too familiar with it haha

I am currently taking contemporary nutrition course and realize the importance of having sufficient vitamins and minerals. However, I don't know if I can keep track of these vitamins and minerals each day?

Any suggestion? Comments?

Please let me know!

Azael

Replies

• annadilynn
    Options
    in addition to what you can keep track of on here, you should probably keep a food diary. get a log book.there are tons of online references for the vitamine contents of foods...once you have a pretty decent log book going..you will be able to go back in your log and look stuff up too.
    Or, you could set up an excel program to help you keep track.