Just started today Hello!

Options
Hello everyone. I'm going to try, again, to get this weight off. I think this website will help me a lot. I'm 51 and need to loose qutie a bit. (Not ready to say the number outloud yet!) LOL Anyway, I'm a teacher and am married with 3 adult children. I need to loose for health reasons as well as I'm tired of carrying this extra around all the time.

I look forward to giving this a try and getting to a healthy weight. I look forward to getting to know folks here.

Replies

• SharonKay
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm going to try, again, to get this weight off. I think this website will help me a lot. I'm 51 and need to loose qutie a bit. (Not ready to say the number outloud yet!) LOL Anyway, I'm a teacher and am married with 3 adult children. I need to loose for health reasons as well as I'm tired of carrying this extra around all the time.

I look forward to giving this a try and getting to a healthy weight. I look forward to getting to know folks here.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sharon!

We are a great place to get the support you need
    when fighting this particular battle!

best of luck!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Sharon.
    We are glad you are here. You can make your goals.

Best of luck

Eve
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hello Sharon! Thanks for joining us - I look forward to sharing the journey with you.
  • thenewrach
    Options
    Welcome Sharon

Good luck, you can do it. It just takes time!!!!!:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
    It’s good to have you with us.
    Good Luck!
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Sharon, welcome aboard and good for you that you want to shed the lbs. I was doing it for health reasons too, so you are not alone and it can be done. Think positive:smile: . We'll all help motivate you whenever you want. Take care ~Karen
  • Runner218
    Options
    I signed up today and will start tomorrow. I'm 51 and would like to lose 10 lbs. I've been in treatment this year for breast cancer and I really need to get back into shape. Thanks to all of you for being there.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Runner 218 - Congratulations on being a survivor! We're here for you. Take care of yourself, Juile
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    SharonKay and Runner218 it is really good to meet you…..
    SharonKay I apologize for not introducing myself properly earlier. I am flitting around the house too much today. Some days it just hurts too much to sit here too long and I have to move around. Today is one of those days. I come read and type a little then I go do something else then I come back.
    I am 54 with multiple health issues. I choose to call them issues rather then problems. I am married, we have one grown son. He and his wife now live 2 ½ hours from here. They use to live 1200 miles away. I have no grandchildren…..yet…..we are waiting. lol
    I have lost 171 pounds. I have kept it off now for 3 years. I use to weigh over 300 pounds. This is the second time I have lost this much weight. The first time I lost 174 pounds. I had NO surgery to lose the weight either time. I am working to keep that weight off for good this time. I refuse to gain it back. If I gain it back I will be right back in the wheel chair. My joints can not handle the weight.

SharonKay….you want to lose weight for health reasons. Losing will definitely help and improve your health. I no longer have sleep apnea….the C-Pap I had to use every night is history…..I no longer have high blood pressure…..the meds for that are history…..and the scooter and wheel chair are in storage. I also just feel better plus the doctor said I have added a good 20 years to my life by losing the weight.
    Runner218.….Congratulations on surviving breast cancer. I know the treatments took a lot out of you. I hope you get back to where you want to be soon.

Welcome it is good to have you both with us. Remember you are not alone…..we are here for you.
    You can lose the weight. It is doable. When ever you fell like you can’t just come here and you will get that extra “oomph” that you need to keep going and make it. This place great it sure helps me. You are really going to like it here….I know I do.
    Again Welcome!
    Loretta :flowerforyou: