Trying to lose baby weight, looking for friends

soccermum75
soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
So I`m new to MFP and I need some friends and encouragement. I tried numerous times to lose weight before but it always came back. I`ve been on MFP for only a week now but I can see a difference already in my motivation. The first day I thought I would starve to death on a 1200 calorie diet. But now, a week after, I lost 3 lbs already and I actually look forward to exercising. I finally found something I enjoyed doing (just dance 2 and zumba on the wii). I also just ordered Jillian`s 30 day shred.

Replies

• MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    hey, im trying to lose baby weight to! i have about 50 pounds i wanan lose total. I also started the 30 day shred on saturday and LOVE it so far!. hard *kitten* workout but boy the burn is so rewarding!!
  • chaugberg
    chaugberg Posts: 34 Member
    Nice to meet you and good luck. Stick with it and you'll see awesome results. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    Hello and welcome.im trying to loose my baby weight too. Stick with mfp and you continue to see fab results. Add me as a friend if u like
  • Welcome to MFP Maria.:flowerforyou: You are going to LOVE Jillian's 30-Day Shred! She makes me sweat plenty... and my calves, arms and abs hurt so i know its working. Remember to eat more than 1200 if you are working out so that when u burn those calories you stay with at least 1200 net calories every day. Sent u a friend request to keep u motivated... U CAN DO IT!!!:bigsmile:
  • momto5boys
    momto5boys Posts: 10 Member
    I'm a newbie too. I started Jan 2nd and am loving MFP. Good luck!
    I love Just Dance 2 and Zumba on the Wii. I even go to the zumba classes and it's so much fun.
  • I'm right there with you! I just signed up tonight, and I'm really excited to get started. I had my second baby in October and I haven't even began to take the pounds off. I was overweight before I had my first one :embarassed: I have Just Dance 2, and I love it, so I plan on using it every morning. I also have Wii fit, so maybe I'll add that in for variety. Wish me luck!
  • Hi, I am also losing the 50lbs of after baby weight! I love MFP!!! I just got Kinect for XBox and love it.. I am doing Biggest Loser and Your shape. Hang in there and enjoy your progression!
  • soccermum75
    i used to go to zumba classes near my house but they cancelled the class. i can`t find any other classes that fit my schedule so i started zumba on the wii. wish i could find another school close to my house. it was so much fun!
  • soccermum75
    i do the zumba on my own in the morning after driving the children to school and just dance 2 in the evening with my daughters 4 and 6. they really enjoy jumping around and are quite good. it`s a fun workout.
  • soccermum75
    Remember to eat more than 1200 if you are working out so that when u burn those calories you stay with at least 1200 net calories every day

it`s a good tip. I used to go in starvation mode and would not lose any weight at all. at least now i know what i was doing wrong.
  • Cortni27
    Cortni27 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi all,
    I'm also trying desperately to lose my baby weight. My son will be 6 months old next week and I just finished breastfeeding so I'm hoping I can really start to lose this excess weight! I lost about 15 pounds a few weeks after having my baby, but now I'm back up to the weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant :( I've never felt so uncomfortable in my body!
    I love using my Wii to workout- I have the Just Dance 2 game like someone mentioned, plus Your Shape and EA Sports Active 2. They all make working out fun! And I love how MFP gives you workout credit for cooking and cleaning, which I do a lot of as a SAHM! I'm on my first week, so I hope I get to see results soon!! :)
This discussion has been closed.