what to eat after a good workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    I don't really care for peanut butter so I'm kinda screwed hahaha
    Almond butter? Organic soy or almond milk? Greek Yogurt has 14g of protein in it itself.... throw in some hemp or flax grounds and you don't need peanut butter. There are a lot of other fast acting protein options. :-D

Hmmm well I do enjoy some almond milk! Greek yogurt is good but a little pricey for me. Do pumpkin seeds have any health benefits after a work out? cause I have been on a pumpkin seed kick the last couple days
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Almond butter? Organic soy or almond milk? Greek Yogurt has 14g of protein in it itself.... throw in some hemp or flax grounds and you don't need peanut butter. There are a lot of other fast acting protein options. :-D

Hmmm well I do enjoy some almond milk! Greek yogurt is good but a little pricey for me. Do pumpkin seeds have any health benefits after a work out? cause I have been on a pumpkin seed kick the last couple days
    YUM... You know you can make milk at home with pumpkin seeds?! I hear it is great in anything and it has LOTS of nutrients! :-D
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options

I don't either (but peanut butter is really effective for removing the sticky residue on glass jar labels so I can reuse the jars). You may want to try almond butter which is healthier than peanut butter. Sometimes I see recipes using peanut butter and the food looks so good, but I don't really want peanut butter so I use the almond butter instead. It's getting more popular it seems-- I saw like 4 different types at Trader Joe's.
  • harrykungfu
    Options
    A post-work out shake.

It has to be as pure as possible with as little ingredients.

something like Solgar Whey protein. Try with water instead of Milk for less calories. I like the chocolate one.

And have it literally just when you've finished your work out.

To really pack some punch add Vitargo too.