Worried about Easter

Options
I know it's probably a bit early, but yesterday was a bit of a hard day, lots of cravings which I haven't really had since I started 3-4 weeks ago.
I was watching TV and an advert about Easter came on the tv. As a frequent 4-5 Easter Egg muncher, I've started to panic about how to copy when it does come around. I am thinking about doing my shopping online so I'm not walking down the aisles of chocolate they will have out.
But what should I do if someone gives me one? I'm not the kind of person who can eat one stick of a twix and leave the other for later. So I fear that if I get an egg I'll eat the whole darn thing right there and then.

How have you all coped with Easter in the past or how are you planning to cope with it this year?

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    I think you should just chill a bit, giving that much power to the Easter bunny is gonna kill ya! If you get given an egg you have choices, if you eat it all in one go you gotta exercise like billio to recompense.... You are in control of the balance sheet, you have the power to control the fuel that goes in and how you burn off that fuel.... The Easter bunny ain't that scary!
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    When Easter comes, I'm just gonna go with the flow. If I want chocolate I will eat it.
    No point in making yourself unhappy by denying your self it. You'll be surrounded by chocolate.
    And by then I'm sure you would have lost a lot of weight and can use it to celebrate.

Just my opinion of course :)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love mini-eggs. They are an addiction usually from this time of year right up until Easter. I saw them on offer in the supermarket so I puchased two packets.

Instead of banning myself from them I have portioned them. The 100g bag had 485 calories in (I usually ate that in one sitting) so I split the bag into 4 portions and only allowed myself to eat one portion each day I had a chocolate craving (and was within my calorie limits).

Don't totally deny yourself because it will just make you miserable.