Ugh!!!

Options
So I'm posting this under motivation and support, cause I need some motivation and support not o go into the kitchen and cook and eat everything in sight!!! It's 3am and my 7 month old is WIDE AWAKE!!! I was doing fine when he first woke up, but Noe he's been up for 3 hours, and still going strong, and now I'm hungry!! I love to cook, even at 3 am, so I just keep sitting here thinking about what all is in my fridge and freezer that I can cook... And eat!!!! Hence the name of this post... UGHHHHHHH!!!!

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Awww, poor thing. Do you have any crafts you can do? I know reading is probably not practical.....how about a little music and dance with the baby?
  • Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    Haha!! I started doing Squats with him.. Tempted to knock out my 30 day shred for the day. It's hard to be mad at him when he looks at you with that huge one tooth grin!! :-)
  • JulsDiane
    Options
    LOL...poor little guy just isn't on your schedule...yet :) Hope he settles down for you.
  • Teran0612
    Options
    Thanks!! He usually sleeps all night, I'm just telling myself he misses me! ;-)
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My baby is 21 years old and I am awake simply because I can't sleep. I can't blame it on a baby or anything......well maybe on menopause. Now that I can't sleep I am also feeling rally hungry and now I feel I won't be able to sleep hungry. Double uggggggg here!
  • Teran0612
    Options
    Exactly!!! The more I tell myself I'm not hungry, the more the hunger pangs kick in... Water is not gonna cut it!!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I so understand. I'm like that sometimes. I can't blame it on the kids either as they are 4 and 7 and sleep like logs, but I just can't. And the more I try to think about something else, the more I think about food. ......it's quite scary how food can dominate our lives. I'm sorry I don't have any good advice for you. I just keep saying to myself "you are in control, you don't need to eat....but if it's really really bad, I have a spoonful of mustard or a gherkin (chopped on such a small pieces that it lasts me some time).
  • JulsDiane
    Options
    For me it's coffee.....I drink coffee to postpone my hunger. I drink a few cups and when it's a more reasonable time to eat I fix breakfast, although sometimes I start working and wait way too long, it normally does the trick.
    I agree, normally water doesn't do it. I would love to know who came up with the whole "drink it before you eat, it will make you feel full." I never find that to be the case with water, a beer~yes, a water~not so much.
  • Teran0612
    Options
    I've learned that it's all about moderation.. I eat when I'm hungry.. I haven't broken down yet.. But I try not to eat and then go to bed! Lol

I don't have very many things in the house that dont have to be cooked first.. So that helps curb some of the eating.. It wouldn't be so bad.. But I have to work in 12 hours.. I work night shift.. So I already know I'll be eating all day and all night, minus a short nap some time today.
  • nelliemagee
    Options
    I usually find that if I wake up at night and get the hunger pains that eating a single cracker is enough. Just to put something in my stomach and then I can usually go back to sleep.

Good luck
  • nextrightthing
    Options
    shoot it is the pits isn't it. Funny there you are up with your baby and I see you are a beautiful mother of 5 lovely children. I was just sitting here looking at some pictures of the last family vacation we had before my daughter got married, my only daughter and I have 3 sons. I was weeping and thinking how hard it is to have my kids all grown up. Well my 21 year old is still at home but, he is all grown up and it went so fast. You can never get the exact situation back.
  • Teran0612
    Options
    They grow up WAY too fast!!! Before Xander started sleeping all night.. I LOVED 2 am feedings.. Just him and me.. House all quiet.. Loved it. And I'm not really complaining about him being awake.. I cherish these moments while I can.. I just don't want to be hungry!! Lol

Of course, now he is drifting off to sleep.. And the hubby is snoring.. I can't fall asleep with him snoring!! Looks like I'm gonna curl up on the couch.. After I find me a HEALTHY LOW FAT snack!! Almost time for the big kids to get up.. They always get themselves up and ready for school, and out to the school bus.. But if I'm gonna stay on the couch.. I'll be up again when they get up! Lol oh well, wouldn't trade this crazy, hectic, tiring, beautiful life for anything!! :-)
  • nextrightthing
    Options
    Oh my gosh I gasped...a spoonful of mustard, ha, ha!!! That is an original idea.
  • nextrightthing
    Options
    thanks for the suggestion.....I have enough calories for an orange so I think I will try that. I am doing a month free of gluten and processed foods.
  • nextrightthing
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just realized you have an 18 month old as well..........you do need your sleep! Hope you can catch a few winks now.
  • Teran0612
    Options
    I got 3 hours in!! Haha. I ended up eating a serving of low fat cottage cheese before crawling into bed! Lol