Gained weight :-(

Options
2»

Replies

• DieSuperMario
    Options
    Try only eating half your exercse cals back, many people over estimate how much they burn
  • Skinnyville
    Options
    See, told you so. Keep going and you will see it on the scales too! Well done x
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

i guess that means my fat is turning into muscle and muscle weighs more i suppose just a lil frustrating when you wanna see it on the scales
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options

i guess that means my fat is turning into muscle and muscle weighs more i suppose just a lil frustrating when you wanna see it on the scales

mine's slow to come off too, i'm trying so hard not to weigh myself too often , and trying to stick to every 2 weeks , but hormones will be coming into the equation any day now , so i'm not gonna beat myself up about a small weight gain when i know i'm close to my monthly cycle
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Don't put too much emphasis on the scale! Your health is most important, and muscle is definitely for healthy than the extra fat. Stay at it! :)
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    This is great advice!! This is what I'd do
    First, try not to eat the calories burned by exercise. The calories burned amounts are a little inflated on this site. Second, drink your 8 - 10 glasses of water a day. Drop any diet pop for the time being and limit coffee to 2 cups per day. Third, make sure you are eating protien and not too many carbs in the forms of potaoes, rice and pasta. Get your carbs from whole wheat products, beans, nuts, etc. Eat plenty of fresh veggies and limit your fruits to 2 per day.
    Don't give up and use the site to be accountable. Log everything you put in your mouth.
    Staying on 1200 cal maynot be the right amount for you, so set your calories at 1400 per day for now. You can reduce calories when you are half way to the goal.
    Check any medications for "weight gain" side effects. You may just be retaining water. Drink more water. I know that sounds crazy, but it works. Stick with it - your body will get on board.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I know it is hard but you need to give it some more time. If your metabolism was all screwed up it could take a while for your body to be convinced it is going to keep getting food. You need to let your body adjust to the new norm before it really gets kicked up into speed. I was reading that post about the 700 calories and still not losing weight. That explained a lot.

GIve it a little more time before you start going into negative calories.

One other thing is if it your TOM you could just be retaining a lot of water.
    Best wishes
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    This is great advice!! This is what I'd do
    First, try not to eat the calories burned by exercise. The calories burned amounts are a little inflated on this site. Second, drink your 8 - 10 glasses of water a day. Drop any diet pop for the time being and limit coffee to 2 cups per day. Third, make sure you are eating protien and not too many carbs in the forms of potaoes, rice and pasta. Get your carbs from whole wheat products, beans, nuts, etc. Eat plenty of fresh veggies and limit your fruits to 2 per day.
    Don't give up and use the site to be accountable. Log everything you put in your mouth.
    Staying on 1200 cal maynot be the right amount for you, so set your calories at 1400 per day for now. You can reduce calories when you are half way to the goal.
    Check any medications for "weight gain" side effects. You may just be retaining water. Drink more water. I know that sounds crazy, but it works. Stick with it - your body will get on board.

I am on tablets that are notorious for weightgain and i like a diet soda a day :-s i'velost an inch soi guess thats good