Clothes getting too big but the scale doesn't go down!

Options
Very strange to have my clothes all getting so big, but the number on the scale doesn't move! The only thing I can gather is that all that flab is turning to fab! I'm developing muscles!! Weird for someone who HATES exercise!

Replies

• marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Great isnt it!!!! them inches count!!
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    I guess the positive side is that you're the only one who sees the scale - everyone else will notice the large clothing/less you!!
    Scale can be so up and down so better to focus on inches!! Nothing like the feeling of having your clothes getting larger! Great job!:drinker:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a really good sign.
  • Cmsl90
    Cmsl90 Posts: 16
    Options
    That is exactly correct! As you excersise more your muscles begin to develop. Muscles sometime weigh just as much as fat. In the check in module there is a place to take your waist, hips and neck measurements. These are 3 of the highest fat areas on your body. Start keeping track of these areas and you begin to see what is happening...Eventually after developing the muscles the weight will start coming off too.
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    Congrats - inch loss can be a real motivator..altho I'm not seeing inch or weight loss at the moment!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i've had that problem today too been here 3 and a half weeks done everything by the book lost just under a lb no weight loss since but i just measured myself and i'm down an inch everywhere :-( inch loss is goodi guess it means your fat has turned tomuscle hense the no movement on the scales but i know how you feel pretty frustrating when you wanna see it on the scales
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I guess the positive side is that you're the only one who sees the scale - everyone else will notice the large clothing/less you!!
    Scale can be so up and down so better to focus on inches!! Nothing like the feeling of having your clothes getting larger! Great job!:drinker:

very good point :-)