rest day? and food?

Options
I'm curious about our rest days...we still have to stay within our allowed calories? How do you all do it? What's the most successful way? thanks :heart:

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I usually don't burn a lot of calories at the gym, so I can plan the same all the time. 5 to 6 meals around 300 calories each. On gym days I usually drink an extra protein shake to make up the difference.
  • mkrafick
    Options
    I'm a littl confused by your question when you say - "I'm curious about our rest days...we still have to stay within our allowed calories?" Do you mean you have a hard time eating to those calories (over or under)? It could be plan as day and I am just being a tool.

I end up zig zagging my calories to keep my body confused - so I have a 1700cal limit. I will eat 1500cal one day, 2000 cal the next, and 1700 the day after, etc.

When I know I am hitting the gym, I make sure I am on one of my higher calorie days as a general rule. (I will rarely go low cal on that day just to throw my body a curveball). On rest days, I go lighteer calorie (or expected calories) and high protien so the body can use the protien to repair itself.