Pizza Hut

Options
I'm going to Pizza Hut tonight for a family birthday party, any suggestions on something somewhat healthy? I'll check the website, but does anyone have a favorite that they rely on when they HAVE to eat Pizza Hut (I know I don't HAVE to, but I'd rather not just pick at a salad and still have to eat dinner when I get home).

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Pizza Hut tonight for a family birthday party, any suggestions on something somewhat healthy? I'll check the website, but does anyone have a favorite that they rely on when they HAVE to eat Pizza Hut (I know I don't HAVE to, but I'd rather not just pick at a salad and still have to eat dinner when I get home).

Rather than pick at a salad and eat when you get home - have an apple or a banana before you go out, and you'll eat less at dinner. And will probably be less likely to come home hungry and eat something less healthy when you get home :smile:

C
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I agree that eating something healthy before you go is a good idea. Also drinking lots of water while you're there will help fill you up. Then you can have a slice of pizza and it won't be the end of the world. Remember to eat the piece of pizza slowly and enjoy every bite so you'll feel more satisified. :)
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Their "Fit n Delicious" pizzas are reasonable for a night out. Whatever you choose, here are the basic pizza guidelines: no more than 2 pieces of pizza, avoid deep-dish like the plague, ditto for anything with the word "Chicago" in it, and do NOT get extra cheese... because that's where the evil lies.

It doesn't really matter what toppings you choose (no, seriously, 4 slices of pepperoni vs 3 slices of bell pepper... these are not quantities at make or break a diet), but more veggies rather than meat does tend to bring the sodium level WAY down. And the thinner the crust, the better off you're going to be calorie-wise. Also, the smaller the pizza, the better (with the exception of the personal pan pizza which has enough oil to run a fleet of trucks).

I know this sounds stupid, and maybe it doesn't do enough to make a difference, but I always feel a little better if I blot my pizza with a napkin first to soak up the extra grease. But that's a personal preference.

And like the poster earlier sad, do not go hungry. Or thirsty.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I love vegetarian pizza, thin-crust, light on the cheese. Then I only have one or two slices.
  • tigergreeneyz
    tigergreeneyz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just had Pizza Hut on Sunday for my "splurge day." I chose a Pepperoni Personal Pan 6" pizza and a side salad. The 6" personal pan pizza's only have from 550-610 calories depending upon toppings. It satisfied my craving for pizza and kept me under my calorie goal for the day!
  • HaloBaby
    Options
    I used to work at pizza hut and I'd suggest that you get one of their subs. They do come with chips and a pickle with italian dressing, lettuce and tomato on the sub. That way, your still eating at pizza hut, but it's not as high calories as a slice or two of pizza.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I order a large thin crust with grilled chicken, ham and tomatoes. 2 slices = less than 500 calories I usually cut the 2 slices in half, I'd rather have 4 small slices than 2 big ones. =) The pizza isn't too "healthy" so others will want to share.