And in last place....my thighs!

TanMac
TanMac Posts: 77
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I know everyone is different. We gain differently and we lose differently. But why oh why are my thighs the last place to lose?

Doing Power 90 and I'm on day 16. I've noticed small changes in my neck, chest and waist. But....my thighs & butt are the still the same!

Is this typical? It's getting a bit annoying!

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I've lost 45 lbs and JUST recently finally lost a tiny bit off my thighs...its very frustrating! I also did Power 90...I workout 6 days a week...I read somewhere that our thighs are generally the last place to lose!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    I'm unsure about that? Maybe cause the thigh muscle is a huge muscle? ...I will want to see 'others' thoughts on this as well :glasses:
  • EmilyJ1979
    EmilyJ1979 Posts: 144 Member
    I seem to lose lots of my abs, upper body and bum first and my thighs are always the last place I lose it.
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    What I've heard is...
    Humans lose and gain weight in places most convenient for the body. In other words, places where extra fat won't get in the way of basic human functions.
    I have been told women gain weight firstly/lose weight lastly in the hip/thigh/belly area because as women we're meant to have babies so the extra weight there won't interfere with childbirthing.
    I don't know if it's true, but I hope that helps you feel less alone in this battle with the thighs!
  • TanMac
    I've mainly noticed it because my jeans are loose in the waist but fit the same in the thighs. I guess I'm just wanting to see more results...patience is required!
  • You may be added some muscle mass to your thighs even as some of the fat tissue burns off, resulting in no change in size. That won't last long, and as the fat dissolves away, you're going to find some nice, sexy, toned muscle there.
  • TanMac
    What I've heard is...
    Humans lose and gain weight in places most convenient for the body. In other words, places where extra fat won't get in the way of basic human functions.
    I have been told women gain weight firstly/lose weight lastly in the hip/thigh/belly area because as women we're meant to have babies so the extra weight there won't interfere with childbirthing.
    I don't know if it's true, but I hope that helps you feel less alone in this battle with the thighs!

That would make sense! I'm done having babies so my thighs better hurry up and comply! hahahahaha
This discussion has been closed.