Stuck between a rock and a hard place - sort of?

naughtydoguk
naughtydoguk Posts: 120
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Advise Please:I have Chalene Extreme, been doing it for about 4 months on and off...I want to step it up a little, I have P90X but it's killing me before i start, is there anything in the middle?

Replies

• Have you tried Turbo Jam? Its fun and you can up it to your level or lower it. I liked it for about 6 months then my body got use to it so the effects stopped working as well. Im starting P90X this week when I get it in the mail. Am I a glutton for punishment? LOL...Bring it on! LOL...good luck on your endeveaor!!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I think Tony Horton has some programs that are similar to P90X but less intense. You could try one of those as a middle ground. I think one is called Power 90. I have not tried any of them besides P90X though.
  • I think Tony Horton has some programs that are similar to P90X but less intense. You could try one of those as a middle ground. I think one is called Power 90. I have not tried any of them besides P90X though.

Ditto on Pwer 90.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Maybe for now I'd say try to get the ChaLEAN Extreme going every single day instead of off and on to push through the program. You'll probably see more effective results and gain better conditioning and endurance for P90X. Really if you compare the two programs, they will both help you lose weight but are quite different. There's way more strength training in the P90X. You can always modify moves or add a couple extra weeks onto the beginning of the program until you start being able to keep pace with the videos. They are tough workouts, it's ok to struggle at first and work your way up. I personally haven't tried P90X, but I know the workouts are quite lengthy. I have the Insanity DVDs and although they are very difficult they are fairly quick and effective. I could definitely feel myself getting stronger when I did them every day, and even though I did have a hard time at first I just took my time, did the best I could, and within a couple weeks I was starting to catch up to the pace of the people in the video. What's more is that you don't need any equipment, which I love. It is A LOT of cardio and surprisingly still a lot of upper body work as well. Maybe that might be something to look into? Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.