3 normal meals VS 5 small meals..??

Options
I currently eat 3 meals a day with a couple of healthy snacks in between but does anybody eat 5 small meals throughout the meal and believe this is better?

I admit i eat 3 meals a day as it is easier to fit in around working hours but if 5 smaller meals a day is better, i may try it!

Replies

• sippy01
    sippy01 Posts: 20
    Options
    My thing is I like to feel full, so eating 3 good meals help me alot. I can't do the 5 small meals. As long as you stay within your daily calorie goal then you should be fine. It's whatever works for you!!:smile:
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I do 3 meals and 3 snacks. The meals are small and have slightly more calories than the snacks. I try to keep my meals around 300 calories and my snacks around 200 calories. (I'm breast feeding so I have 1500) I definitely have more energy that way !
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I've been bad about switching back and forth between 5 6 and 3. i'd say i had more control with cals and effect with many meals. 6 was hard, 5 is easier. 3 meals is easiest to do with a hungry house of ppl, but its not as diet friendly i've noticed.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast,lunch, dinner and 2 decent snacks so you could see it as eating 5 times a day rather than 5 meals. I find its working for me so far. Helps speed your metabolism up eating at regular intervals which should aid a little in weight loss.

Give different methods a try and see what works :smile:

Ben.
  • mbrook04
    Options
    Smaller meals throughout the day increases your metabolism. Your body burns X number of calories to convert your food into energy or fat. When you eat a larger meal you end up converting more to stored fats. More small meals mean your body is working more and burning more calories.
  • dmaster555
    Options
    3 meals a day is completely fine. I've lost over 90 pounds with only 3 meals and no snacks in between. Doesn't really matter how many "meals" you have as long as you stay within your calorie goal and try to make them healthy choices.
  • DaisyDoodle
    Options
    i do 3 normal meals a day and i do healthy (100 calories or less) snacks in between and its been pretty good for me!
  • Nikayla11209
    Options
    It is a lot better to eat the 3 smaller meals, really if you just make your meals a little smaller and put more into your snacks, you have pretty much a good balance!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    A trainer once described to me the 3 meals vs. 5 like this,
    take a meal and leave off a small portion for your in-between meal....it really works for me :tongue:

esp when our meals are seriously over proportioned, this strategy helps bring things into perspective and I am able to listen to my body's needs instead of following old habits about food.

Lots of water, too.