Water Weight Question...

Options
I weigh about 5pounds lighter in the morning than I do at night. Is that normal?? What could be causing that???:grumble:

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    yes its normal :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is this way, lol (I know I am). Water and food that aren't in you when you weigh yourself in the morning make up the extra.
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    it is part to do with water weight. and part because you have an absolutely empty stomach by morning. that is what my doctor tells me.

Hope this helps.
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes your body can fluctuate up to 5 lbs a day. I know I "gain" at least 3 before I get home on a regular basis. After working out I gain 2 more or so (i.e. water intake). in the morning it is right back to where it is supposed to be. Don't worry about it.
  • libertyj77
    Options
    I agree with previous posts...My doctor also said thats its because of gravity too, Laying down all night relieves the pressure on your skeletal system so you weigh less too...its a combo of reasons BUT YES...its normal!!!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Good 2 know...Thank you everyone!:happy:
  • lookintolose
    lookintolose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    totally normal. your body has used all the food you supplied it the day before and it pretty much empty. at the end of the day you still have food in your stomach. i actually weigh more after a shower and attribute it to wet hair. the key is to weigh yourself the same time each day with about the same clothing. also, try only weighing yourself 2x/week. your weight will fluctuate from day to day but 7 days will give you a more accurate representation.
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Thanks Lookintolose....Good advise.