hrm or wii fit plus?

Crystals422
Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am not sure which one would be a better investment. I go to the gym 3 times a week and I was thinking that with Wii git plus I could do my exercises the other days. After reading how great a hrm is I an now wondering if I should spend the money on that instead. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    A good HRM with a chest strap is a must
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    buy a HRM then you can use youtube for your workout theres tonnes and will be able to measure workouts acuratley... i have wii fit plus but it gets boring after a bit i vary my workouts with youtube workouts x
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    I have a wii but I've been considering purchasing the Wii Fit Plus. However I also have an HRM. I HAVE to have my HRM. It makes my workouts twice as much fun and I would totally suggest spending the money on an HRM VS the Fit Plus. It would be more versatile. You could use it with everything, multiple workouts, at multiple locations versus money invested in one workout in one spot. I love my HRM! :o)
  • I would spend my money on the hrm, it has helped me be more effective in my overall workouts by making sure I am targeting my heart rate and appropriate zones.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Definately a HRM with calories burned feature! I use mine everywhere! From Cross Fit to Yoga, running outside and playing in the pool!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    definitely a hrm!
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    if I were you I would look around get both used for the price you would pay to get one choice new. I just googled HRM and see there are a few wrist ones for 25-28 bucks!! :wink:
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    You could get a Wii fit plus but how will you know the calories that you are burning? I have found that the estimates are usually not very accurate.

I have both and wear the HRM while doing wii so I know how many calories I am burning.

They would both be good investments, IMO but make sure you get a HRM with a chest strap!
  • I don't have an HRM but I have a Wii and an Xbox Kinnect and I would highly recommend an Xbox Kinnect over Wii. It's much more active and they have several exercise videos available and also the Dance Central game really kicks your butt for exercise. Unlike the Wii, where you have to use the remote, Kinnect picks it up if you are doing the moves wrong.
  • A good HRM is a must for fitness tracking!!!

I have the Wii at home and LOVE the EA Sports Active 2 "game". It has a built in HRM and calculates the cals burned, etc for you in a summary at the end. So, if you're looking for a Wii "game" I'd go that route before getting Wii Fit Plus. I have that as well, and while it's great for game play with the board the workouts aren't nearly as tough or a varied as the EA Sports Active 2 workouts.
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    May I suggest EA Sports ACTIVE2... it comes with 3 straps 2 for the arms (1 is a HRM) and 1 for the leg and a resistance band. the +'s are that the bands connect to a usb stick that plugs into your wii or PS3, making it wireless, no holding controller as you workout. and let me tell you the workouts are more realistic then the WF+ I have had my but kicked doing a 20 min workouts on Med setting...
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Wii fit plus is a toy.

A good HR monitor is significantly more valuable and useful.
  • yeah i would agree, i have the wii active game and do the 30 day challenge and its a great workout. much easier than going to the gym as you can do it any time of the day and can alternate days.
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    HRM with chest strap first. If you already have a wii, you could get some used cheaper games first. I have a Wii, but do not have Wii Fit Plus yet. I actually just ordered the stepper from HSN this weekend for $25, just got an email it just shipped
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    I have the wii fit and the wii fit plus and I think it's over rated and expensive. If you already have a wii go for the EA Sports Active (first one, not the new one with HRM as it's expensive too), or the EA sports Active more workouts. Then you could probably afford the HRM as well and do both !!
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    I have the wii fit and the wii fit plus and I think it's over rated and expensive. If you already have a wii go for the EA Sports Active (first one, not the new one with HRM as it's expensive too), or the EA sports Active more workouts. Then you could probably afford the HRM as well and do both !!
  • I am also considering purchasing an HRM, but do not have much to spend on one...doesn anyone know of a good one around $50? I've seen some going for over $100.
  • I am also considering purchasing an HRM, but do not have much to spend on one...doesn anyone know of a good one around $50? I've seen some going for over $100.
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    I bought the Wii active Plus II. It has a HRM as well as the CD for work outs. You can see you heart rate as your doing each excercise. It's a good work out as well.
    I wish you the best.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Can I use the hrm that comes with it for other excerices like at the gym?
This discussion has been closed.