Protein supplement

Options
Hello!

I've been noticing lately that my protein levels are particularly abysmal. I try to keep them up throughout the day, but with few exceptions I only get a little over half of the recommendation.

So my question is what is a good protein supplement? I'm thinking shake or bar or something like that - not a full meal replacement though. I'm thinking more along the lines of it replacing some of my typical, not the greatest for you, snack foods. Preferably not a TON of calories.

Replies

• Txaggie87
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar - 1 scoop: 100 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, 23 g. protein. Twisted Cherry and Green Apple are good. They have a Capaccino that ain't bad either. There are other flavors . . . but I haven't tried them yet.
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do Muscle Milk Lite (the ones that are pre-made). They are only 100 calories, 2.5 g fat, 6 g carbs, and 15 g of protein. The Chocolate is really good. I drink one after my workouts (both cardio and strength).
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    You obviously have succeeded well at what you are doing...great job on your weight loss!!!

Maybe you can replace your carb snacks with nuts or some lean meat??? This way you don't increase your calories by too much as well.

I usually cook a turkey roast by Jenni-O, 100 calories per 4 ounce serving, and nibble on that as snacks, especially on days that I exercise where i need more protein.
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    So soya from the bulk barn. New fav:love:
  • james3302
    james3302 Posts: 119
    Options
    make a protein shake with 1% milk and your choice of flavored protein powder. The powder I use has 26 grams protein and 140 calories.
  • jturner278
    Options
    I have had the best results with Nutek's Pro5. http://www.nuteknutrition.com/nutek/products# they taste great and are really low in calories and carbs too.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just started taking Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard and the ratio of protein to calories / sodium is pretty good.

You can find it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/100%-Whey-Protein-Standard-Chocolate/dp/B00024D7ZO
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice! I'm really trying to focus more on my nutrient breakdown these days.

I'm gonna have to bring this list to the store and see what I can find!
  • rvanek
    rvanek Posts: 1
    Options
    Where do you get them?