SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR!!!

2»

Replies

• dsanford6156
    dsanford6156 Posts: 3 Member
    I have the same problem so, I started cooking meals from eatingwell.com website and that helps.
  • If you are having trouble, go slow and take one little bit of sugar out at a time. It may take longer , but in the end you will cut more sugar out without your body going into fighting-to-the-death-mode for sugar. This is what I did, and I didnt have the "OMG I am craving sugar like a crazed mad woman!". Trust me, you will get used to it as your taste buds and body adjusts to the slow, yet constant reduction. I am to the point where even a jar of spagehtti sauce is WAY too sugary for me, even the ones that are low in sugar. Had one in my pantry that I used the other day after months of just using Tomato puree and it was horrible! Even my kids thought it was disgusting...
    Now I havent taken all the sugar out of my diet, dont believe in that theory; however, my intake is so much lower now that I dont really crave it that much, just once in awhile and I do give myself something in moderation. I do have to be careful though; if I do eat something that is really high in sugar, (ie:Christmas time,,,everyone thinks I need cookies and such...go figure! LOL!) cravings galore hit me like a ton of bricks and I have to get back on track quickly...or I will go overboard, spiral out of control like a drug addict and make myself sick.
    So, take it slowly, you can totally do it this way. Remember, you are not on a "diet", you are doing a life style change, and these take time.
This discussion has been closed.