Clean/Wholesome Music

Options
Ok folks...I need some help. I teach a few fitness classes on campus at a private Christian University. Since it is a wholesome environment, they like us to use clean workout music. No alcohol or sexual influences. And no profane language. I am trying to come up with a couple of routines for a few of my classes and need some upbeat music. (Body pump class, kickboxing, step)....so I need a few ideas for music that is clean that I could possibly use in my classes.

Any one out there with some good ideas for appropriate music I could use? Your help would be greatly appreciated!! My preferred style of workout music is hip/hop-ish (think Black Eyed Peas, B.O.B, Taio Cruz), techno (not a lot, but I like the club remixes), and some pop. I'm not much into rock...unless its been remixed.

Replies

• elloradannon
    Options
    Hmmm... that's a tough one. I love a lot of world music. In my zumba class, she uses a lot of pop songs from India and they have really infectious beats. Rusted Root is a great band for upbeat clean music (When I woke is the best album in my opinion), they use a lot of eclectic instruments and a lot of drumming. My kickboxing instructor just did a routine to "He's a Pirate" from Pirates of the Caribbean- the workout version. It was really fun! You can find it on itunes. I'm pretty sure there are entire CDs with just instrumental workout music- check out itunes and type in "workout" or "fit"
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    KJ-52, Grits, Toby Mac, John Ruben, SuperChick, Group 1 Crew

These might give you a place to start...
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    1901 by Phoenix is a song that generally gets my heart racing. I play it when I need a little pump me up...you can google it and check out the lyrics...I think it's appropriate!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    thanks! I'll have to check out all of this music. I'm planning on going to Itunes tonight and searching some more....
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have a look at some of the Jamiroquai albums - most are quite funky and if I recall they are all fairly wholesome too.

Dynamite / Emergency on Planet Earth / A Funk Odyssey / Travelling without moving.

You could also look at some of Groove Terminator's albums too.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! keep em comin! I'm planning on raiding I-tunes tonight!!
  • gzpz1964
    Options
    Listen to KLove, it's a young Christian station. Lots of wonderful songs and inspirations!!
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    Christian heavy metal Grey Floyd Gold Zepplin
  • rollipolioli
    rollipolioli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is as about as it gets. Her Producer's band Capsule is also great music to get moving to. They are modern Japanese so you can hardly understand the English but neither are oversexualized or profane. Plus it's music very few of us Americans have ever heard. Plenty of it on youtube and CD's & downloads can be bought on Amazon.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    8 years later...