Chia seeds

Options
brityn
brityn Posts: 443 Member
are there any chia seed eaters out there? Discovered them a while back but haven't heard a lot about them on here

Replies

• 53redroses
    Options
    Never thought about it. What are the nutritional facts? Where do you buy them?
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I bought some a little while ago because the nutritional info on the back of the package looked awesome - took to sprinkling a tablespoon on my cereal a few times. Doesn't taste like anything and I can't say I felt fuller or noticed anything interesting. Then I saw other packages of chia seeds at a store, and the nutritional info was totally different - nothing I would bother eating - but they look the same! I don't see why the info should be different. So I am not sure what the benefit of them is, but if there is one, I don't mind eating them! As long as it's not just empty extra calories.
  • Badger1201
    Options
    Chia seeds:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/chia-seeds-nutritional-value.html

Be careful, too much of a good thing applies.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    *hand up*
    I add a tbsp to my oats for breakfast before cooking; they make the oats more voluminous :)
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/chia-seeds-nutritional-value.html

Be careful, too much of a good thing applies.

I was just reading the nutritional value from the link. It looks like I'm going to have to get some of these! Thank you!
  • Badger1201
    Options
    I have enjoyed them. HIgh proteins and litterally expand to fill you up. I forget if it was aztec maya or inca but one of the three's warrior elites would use these to provide energy for the long journey prior to a battle (remember no horses in the Americas prior to colonization).
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    are there any chia seed eaters out there? Discovered them a while back but haven't heard a lot about them on here

I bought some yesterday at Whole Foods (posted the caloric information for all to use). I love them so far. Very high in protein and fiber; just what I needed! Thanks!