How has completed 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels?

lal73
lal73 Posts: 116
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
:happy: I just got the DVD and I was wondering if anyone can share what their success rate was, and what type of difference did you encounter after doing the program in its entirety for 30 days???

Thanks,
Linda

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I haven't finished, BUT i'm on day 19 (of the 30). So far i've lost 3lbs & 4 inches (at day 15 check-in)
    My endurance is unbelievable now and the toning in my arms is very noticeable. I definitely feel stronger.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    My first time through I lost 12 pounds. I didn't have a tape measurer, so I can't say inches, but I know I lost them. Also my endurance picked up a lot!

I did it for 30 straight days - 10 days at each level. And yes, I followed the modified side at least 90% of the time.

Level 3 is probably one of my favorite quick workouts to do. Level 1 I'll throw in the mix sometimes. Personally I can't stand Level 2, but it does work.

Good luck!!
  • ka6800
    ka6800 Posts: 1 Member
    I did 30 Day Shred back in October. For me personally it wasn't about losing weight, but to increase my endurance, which is now unbelievable thanks to the program. I had a lot of toning through my arms, shoulders, back, as well as my legs! I absolutely love this program and have pushed it on all of my friends who have also have excellent results and toning thanks to this program! Give it what you got and I hope you all succeed in what your looking for! This program was the beginning to my new healthy lifestyle so hopefully it can be the jump start for you too!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    I have been doing the shred for about 6 months, but not 5 times a week as perscribed. My first choice of workout is running, so I use the shred dvd if i can't either get out, or get to a treadmill. It is probably my favorite backup. I started level 3 a few weeks ago, and it is definitely tough. Last week when it was snowing and the kids were out of school, I even did level1 and level 3 back to back so I would burn more total calories. On my HRM, I usually burn about 160-180 calories for one 25 minute session of any of the levels. It is a really great workout in a short time.

So, here are my results--I have reached my weight loss goal(43 lbs), and although I may not be totally "shredded", I can actually see some abs! I say I now have a 2 1/2 pack (working to a six pack!). Although for much of my life I have been at a healthy weight, this is the first time I have ever seen my abs, or any other muscle definition! I am seeing some arm muscles too! So I would say that the dvd is working. Probably If I used it more times a week I would see even better results. Last week I also tried her "Burn Fat and Boost Metabolism" dvd and it was tough too! I was sore! The Yoga Meltdown is good too.

Jillians dvd's are now my favorites.
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    OMG...sounds really great...i cant wait to get started TONIGHT!!!!
  • I just started today and did level one and I pushed through it and felt sore minutes after finishing and I usually don't feel sore till the following day I'm so excited to keep pushing myself and see some results!! Good luck everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.