Large Trampoline Jumping

Options
I have read on different sites that trampoline jumping is the 2nd best exercise there is but out of those sites I can't find one to give me a break down of calories burned while jumping on a large outdoor trampoline. One site posted that 10 mins of jumping is equivalent to jogging for 30 mins, anyone know if this is true? And just how many calories can be burned jumping on my outdoor trampoline?

Replies

• am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    i bought my polar heart rate monitor today (finally!) ...and decided to try it out by jumping on our trampoline with my 7 yr old daughter. of course we had a blast and in just 10 minutes i burned 103 calories!!! that's right up there with jumping rope, so while it's not equivalent to a 30 min run, it's great way to get your heartrate up fast. and super fun!

to give you an idea of how that compares to what my treadmill reads... this morning i walked 5min at 4.0, ran 10min at a comfortable 5.0, then cooled down with another 5min at 4.0 (an easy mile and a half). in the 20 minutes, my treadmill said i burned 175 calories.