Wanted: Accountability friends!

Options
I need to add some friend that will keep me going and will tell me that I need to continue logging and give me lots of encouraging words when needed! I guess I should make one of those cute little chart things to let everyone know where I am on my goal! I have a goal to lose 30lbs by October. I lost 3 so far this month and i feel like the weight loss is slowing down already! Is it normal to see a slow in progress this soon? Also - Is it right or wrong of me to add to my total number of allowed calories on days that I work out? I dont want to work out to go wasted?!

So happy that I started this program! :happy:

Replies

• lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I lost fifty pounds on this site so I am sure you can do it too!:wink:
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and the friends I have help me stay motivated.. I try not to eat into my exercise calories, partly because I don't trut the accuracy of the calorie extimates and partly because I want to lose a little faster. Feel free to add me!
  • Slobaducci
    Options
    Whoa thats great! Thanks much NorthStar!
  • Slobaducci
    Options
    Yeah this is what I was afraid of. And I guess if I start working out everyday then I can change the way I reach my goals so I'm no longer sedentary right? Once it warms up a little I'm going to start jogging every other day.
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome Slobaducci. I lov MFP
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I want the accountability too. I want to lose 30lbs in 6 months.....I can do this and so can you!!!
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Feel free to add me as a friend. I got serious on this site January 1st, have lost 10 pounds since then, although only 4 pounds since first joining in October. Want to lose 28 more. We are doing a "Biggest Loser" contest at my office ($$ cash prize $$!) , and that is really motivating me. Good luck!
  • ChristinaERRN
    Options
    I'm right there with you!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey and feel free to lean on me for support..i've been at this just over 3 years....it is a process that only gets better with time....
  • lisa_lotte
    Options
    You should always eat your exercise calories (altho get a heart monitor if you can to work out how many calories u have burnt as it's not accurate on here.) Please read these and it will explain why:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]

Feel free to add me :-)

Lisa
  • stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    30 lbs in 6 months!! You can do it!! No problem- MFP is awesome, feel free to add me!
  • stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those links!:laugh:
  • jennydehn
    jennydehn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will totally be your friend! I too need someone to keep track of me and make sure I follow through. I tend to be really excited about something new (like right now, I joined yesterday!) and then lose steam.

Want to set up a plan to keep each other motivated and challenged?

Jenny :flowerforyou:
  • slik1227
    slik1227 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would totally like to be your friend to! I would like to lose 30 lbs by June. And I definitely need all the help I can get! I would love to encourage & help you too!